windows 7 question

18 Jul 2010 18:01 #1 by FoothillsRealtor
got a new laptop and it has windows 7 on it. No toolbar for outlook... I was told that's new and standard w windows 7. How do i get the little pop up windows back that alert me of a new email coming in and how do I get the alert signal/tone for new messages?

Sophia S Paul, Broker Associate
Home Real Estate
Bailey, CO
303-838-3322           

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jul 2010 19:03 #2 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic windows 7 question
Sorry, I don't have Windows 7, but I saw this from Microsoft:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... ok-Express

Looks like the new program is called windows mail, maybe you have access to that? Good luck.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

18 Jul 2010 19:12 #3 by FoothillsRealtor
Replied by FoothillsRealtor on topic windows 7 question

Joe wrote: Sorry, I don't have Windows 7, but I saw this from Microsoft:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... ok-Express

thanks Joe, but I have outlook, that's different from outlook express - it's complicated (to use the movie name...)

Looks like the new program is called windows mail, maybe you have access to that? Good luck.

Sophia S Paul, Broker Associate
Home Real Estate
Bailey, CO
303-838-3322           

01 Aug 2010 06:27 #4 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic windows 7 question

FoothillsRealtor wrote: got a new laptop and it has windows 7 on it. No toolbar for outlook... I was told that's new and standard w windows 7. How do i get the little pop up windows back that alert me of a new email coming in and how do I get the alert signal/tone for new messages?

Windows-7 does not come with Office installed. If you have Outlook installed (since it's part of MS/Office you have to install it separately, but it doesn't matter if it's version 2003, 2007 or 2010, or earlier...) when you start Outlook, the icon for it will appear down on the taskbar on the right side. If you right-click on that icon, there is an option to: "Show New Mail Desktop Alert". Click on that, and when new mail comes it there will be an indicator that shows it. You can also click on the "Hide when minimized" option there, and even when you minimize it to get it out of the way you won't see its task on the taskbar to the left, but its icon will remain on the right side with the other small icons.

Hope that is what you are looking for.

11 Aug 2010 07:31 #5 by rlcarolyn
Replied by rlcarolyn on topic windows 7 question
Windows 7 has Windows live which is like Outlook Express but they have made it a web based mail. You have to purchase Windows Office to get Outlook. Most people do confuse Outlook Express with Outlook and there is a difference.

11 Aug 2010 07:34 #6 by rlcarolyn
Replied by rlcarolyn on topic windows 7 question
If you put into the search on Windows 7 Outlook Express you will get the program. Now just like I said you need to figure out if Outlook was used or Outlook Express.

11 Aug 2010 09:45 #7 by serenity
Replied by serenity on topic windows 7 question
I believe that if you have MS Office Suite (with or without Outlook), you can purchase Outlook or Outlook upgrade. MS Help helps configure.

To err is human, to forgive is canine~

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds