Update on Ron Swift/Randy Hatlee Hearing August 1st, 2012

06 Aug 2012 17:07 #11 by jf1acai
I was unable to fight my way through all of the BS in the OP, but for some reason this caught my attention:

...the images (Mr. Campbell insisted on calling them pictures, which they were not)...

pic·ture (pkchr)
n.
1. A visual representation or image painted, drawn, photographed, or otherwise rendered on a flat surface. - http://www.thefreedictionary.com/picture

Since a picture is an image, how can these images not be pictures? What is unique about these images?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Aug 2012 17:16 #12 by ScienceChic
By stating that you didn't blame PC for not allowing this to be posted implied that you did blame 285Bound for doing so because it's obviously here, when you used to cheer the fact that 285Bound allowed free speech and the mods didn't decide for you what was acceptable and what wasn't. That was my only point; it's not a consistent viewpoint from what you used to say. If it's not what you meant, then it's my bad for misunderstanding you.

Nope, I have no problem with you posting your opinion of what was posted by In a whisper. I don't think they are trying to "shove it down our throats", they merely posted their version of what happened and, as I already said, I'm hoping that the court transcripts become available soon so we can all view the dialog as is with no opinion interjected.

Yes, there was some moderation done to protect personal private identities, but the entire post otherwise is left with public names and personal opinion, unlike on Pinecam where they deleted the entire thing, then posted a copy of their TOS in big bold scolding letters right in that post.

jf1, I can't recall what was posted before so I can't really answer your question accurately, but my guess is that they were videos or still images captured from videos? Not really sure...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Aug 2012 20:45 #13 by CC
If I blamed 285bound for allowing it to be posted I would have said so.
Damn....the whole world is a psychic these days.
The question still stands. Why were some names arbitrarily removed and others weren't?
And you did misunderstand my intent.

06 Aug 2012 22:41 #14 by ScienceChic

Becky wrote: The question still stands. Why were some names arbitrarily removed and others weren't?

Already answered:

Yes, there was some moderation done to protect personal private identities, but the entire post otherwise is left with public names and personal opinion

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Aug 2012 06:17 #15 by CC
Actually....you didn't answer the question. as to why some names were starred and others were not.

Shouldn't all individuals expect the same right to privacy?

Actually, it is my opinion that none of the names should have been starred as this is a matter of public record. I am just trying to understand why only certain names were starred and others were not so that I can apply the moderation thought process to my own posts in the future. It is a little confusing.
How does one define "public" names as opposed to private ones?

07 Aug 2012 06:39 #16 by V_A

jmc wrote:
2 years ago plenty of calls for "facts only" concerning the election for sheriff. How the worm turns.

same old Becky

07 Aug 2012 07:54 #17 by akilina
Wow every time In A Whisper opens his mouth he loses credibility and hurts his cause. What was said in earlier posts and what the transcript said were like reading two different cases. More than likely will be the same with this one.

If you are trying to garner people to your side, keep in mind that your bias can make you suspect. I don't trust one word you say any more. Thanks for convincing me that there is a lot more to this case than your view.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

07 Aug 2012 11:52 #18 by ScienceChic

Becky wrote: Actually....you didn't answer the question. as to why some names were starred and others were not.

Shouldn't all individuals expect the same right to privacy?

Actually, it is my opinion that none of the names should have been starred as this is a matter of public record. I am just trying to understand why only certain names were starred and others were not so that I can apply the moderation thought process to my own posts in the future. It is a little confusing.
How does one define "public" names as opposed to private ones?

Public officials like lawyers, judges, and DA's, or those whose names have been published in a newspaper, like the defendants, can have their names used, and all of these individuals in the OP had previously been mentioned by name in the official court transcripts or prior news articles so they are a matter of public record. Private individuals who have not been named in a news source or official record cannot. This was not an official court document, it was a personal account of the proceedings so all private individuals had their names starred out, plus references to personal relationships were starred out, and all public officials had their names left.

In order to reference a private individual's name, you must have a news article as a source. We respect people's rights to privacy and anonymity on this forum.

07 Aug 2012 13:50 #19 by CC

V_A wrote:

jmc wrote:
2 years ago plenty of calls for "facts only" concerning the election for sheriff. How the worm turns.

same old Becky

Same old VA.

I didn't demand facts from the OP. I merely pointed out that the OP was pilfering an opinion and offering it up as fact.

Didn't you complain about the exact same thing.....HYPOCRITE

07 Aug 2012 13:51 #20 by CC
And SC...thank you for your clearer response.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds