'The Green Mile' Actor Michael Clarke Duncan Dies at 54

03 Sep 2012 18:47 #1 by otisptoadwater

LOS ANGELES – Michael Clarke Duncan, the hulking, prolific character actor whose dozens of films included an Oscar-nominated performance as a death row inmate in "The Green Mile" and such other box office hits as "Armageddon," "Planet of the Apes" and "Kung Fu Panda," is dead at age 54.

Clarke died Monday morning at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, where he was being treated for a heart attack, said his fiancee, Reverend Omarosa Manigault, in a statement released by publicist Joy Fehily.

The muscular, 6-foot-4 Duncan, a former bodyguard who turned to acting in his 30s, "suffered a myocardial infarction on July 13 and never fully recovered," the statement said. "Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time. Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date."

In the spring of 2012, Clarke had appeared in a video for PETA, the animal rights organization, in which he spoke of how much better he felt since becoming a vegetarian three years earlier.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/michael-clarke-duncan/2012/09/03/green-mile-actor-michael-clarke-duncan-dies-54#ixzz25SOsbHm5

54 years old is too early for anyone's life to end, this is a sad story.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Sep 2012 18:55 #2 by Raees

otisptoadwater wrote: this is a sad story.

I think we figured that out after the first sentence, where it said he died.

03 Sep 2012 22:33 #3 by terbear
good actor will be missed

03 Sep 2012 22:38 #4 by ScienceChic
I was so saddened when I saw this news. He is one of my favorite actors and I will sorely miss his humor, gentleness, kindness, and patience that shined through in every one of this roles. Wishing peace to his loved ones and friends.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Sep 2012 07:44 #5 by RCCL
"Just for the record, this is a very bad idea! " ~ Bear (Michael Clarke Duncan), Armageddon

I loved Armageddon in large part because of the actors involved, and MCD was definitely a great character in this, and many other movies. He seemed like a very genuine individual, and always seemed to enjoy his work. this one hit me more than most Hollywood passings this year, he has been in many movies I have really enjoyed.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds