Where did I hike today?

07 Oct 2012 09:57 #11 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Where did I hike today?
So where was the first hike? Is it some kind of secret? :)

Looks familiar, but I don't recognize some of the landmark names other than Mt Logan.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Oct 2012 14:33 #12 by RY
Replied by RY on topic Where did I hike today?
today should be easy to identify

on the way up

and these from along the way

07 Oct 2012 14:41 #13 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Where did I hike today?
Love that last photo RY! Reminds me of a close-up Georgia O'Keefe - unusual and striking view that we normally wouldn't otherwise notice. :like:

Are those aspens really red or is that a trick of my imagination?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Oct 2012 15:27 #14 by RY

Science Chic wrote: Love that last photo RY! Reminds me of a close-up Georgia O'Keefe - unusual and striking view that we normally wouldn't otherwise notice. :like:

Are those aspens really red or is that a trick of my imagination?

SC, the aspens this morning appeared as rosy as they are in the picture, just stunning. And speaking of Georgia O'Keefe - she is one of my favorite artists. Funny that you mentioned her, as I spent a week in O'Keefe country early in September. Here are some of my pics from that trip

this is Mt Pedernal, one of her favorite painting subjects (as it is seen from the O'Keefe ranch where she lived and I had the same view from my place)

did yoga on the rooftop of the adobe dwelling where I stayed to this spectacular view of a sunrise every morning!!

07 Oct 2012 16:37 #15 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Where did I hike today?
Fabulous! She is my favorite artist; it's on my short list of to-do to visit her museum and her home at the end of her life.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Oct 2012 17:31 #16 by RY
last weekends excursions..

File Attachment:

17 Oct 2012 08:43 #17 by LOL
Buena Vista area?

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

17 Oct 2012 17:32 #18 by RY

LOL wrote: Buena Vista area?

LOL, I bet we are FB friends...
oh, and btw, I love your avatar :)

17 Oct 2012 18:14 #19 by LOL
No facebook here, it was just a guess, been over to Buena Vista a lot. Nice pix!

17 Oct 2012 20:05 #20 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Where did I hike today?
Nice pix RY. Do you know what mtns those are?

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds