Where did I hike today?

30 Sep 2012 17:38 #1 by RY
Where did I hike today? was created by RY
anyone recognizes the scenery/trail? Just checking to see how familiar you all are with our beautiful "backyard"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Sep 2012 23:17 #2 by AlpineMike
Replied by AlpineMike on topic Where did I hike today?
I edited this to make it more fun...
P****(slash)********e Trail. The top photo is a close-up shot of Mt. L****. The aspens are great near the opening at the top of B******** gulch and M*A***** Gulch. The photo below the close-up of aspen leafs (#5) is S****** Peak (Elv. 11,927). The last photo is the S****** Gulch burn on *p**t R*** and G***** Mountain (north and northeast of P***** ****** H*** S*****). Am I right? I have hiked the P**** side up to C**** C****. In fact...you were there too! Fundraiser....remember?

01 Oct 2012 05:12 #3 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Where did I hike today?
Is that the trail on the end of 43? I can't remember all the trail names, but I've been on most of those, at least part way.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

01 Oct 2012 11:04 #4 by RY
Replied by RY on topic Where did I hike today?

AlpineMike wrote: I edited this to make it more fun...
P****(slash)********e Trail. The top photo is a close-up shot of Mt. L****. The aspens are great near the opening at the top of B******** gulch and M*A***** Gulch. The photo below the close-up of aspen leafs (#5) is S****** Peak (Elv. 11,927). The last photo is the S****** Gulch burn on *p**t R*** and G***** Mountain (north and northeast of P***** ****** H*** S*****). Am I right? I have hiked the P**** side up to C**** C****. In fact...you were there too! Fundraiser....remember?

Wow, MIke, can't figure them all out, but you are right on target. I knew you would remember the fundraiser :)

01 Oct 2012 11:05 #5 by RY

LOL wrote: Is that the trail on the end of 43? I can't remember all the trail names, but I've been on most of those, at least part way.

LOL, no it was not at the end of 43...

04 Oct 2012 19:55 #6 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Where did I hike today?
Haven't been all the way up the P**** nor the B********-M*C**** trail so not sure which one you took at the split. Beautiful pix!

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

05 Oct 2012 20:39 #7 by AlpineMike
;) I love the mountains around here...and everywhere! I have hiked to the summit of virtually every mountain in National Forest around the 285 corridor between Pine Junction and Fairplay. Thanks for the little test RY! Post more! Perhaps you can fool me...or can ya?? ;)

05 Oct 2012 20:45 #8 by AlpineMike
Photos of trees and the trail will not work because trails look alike. The mountain scenic photos can give the location away. None the less...it is challenging because mountains can look alike as well. I hope you post more!

07 Oct 2012 08:41 #9 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Where did I hike today?
btw, I was able to follow your edits Alpine Mike. It was fun.

Anyone else take some treks and can post some views they saw from those hikes. Great pix RY.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

07 Oct 2012 09:11 #10 by RY

AlpineMike wrote: ;) I love the mountains around here...and everywhere! I have hiked to the summit of virtually every mountain in National Forest around the 285 corridor between Pine Junction and Fairplay. Thanks for the little test RY! Post more! Perhaps you can fool me...or can ya?? ;)

fool you AM? not a chance.... but getting ready for a hike this morning. Hint - it will be fairly close to my home :) ; I may post pics later. What a gorgeous crisp morning!

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds