Staunton opening

07 Oct 2012 12:40 #1 by hvgal
Staunton opening was created by hvgal
The last I had heard, Staunton was supposed to open in October but I have not heard anything else...anyone know? The state park website is useless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Oct 2012 13:06 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Staunton opening
October 20th was the last I heard...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Oct 2012 13:37 #3 by hvgal
Replied by hvgal on topic Staunton opening
thank you.

07 Oct 2012 14:45 #4 by ScienceChic
You're welcome! If I hear anything else, I'll update it here. There might be some additional info shared at the Platte Canyon Chamber Meeting this coming Tuesday.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Oct 2012 15:29 #5 by RY
Replied by RY on topic Staunton opening
is there any link with a map of the trails, trail head etc?

07 Oct 2012 16:33 #6 by ScienceChic
I haven't seen anything like that yet. Let me check around and see if I can find something!

07 Oct 2012 18:26 #7 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Staunton opening
Page 42 has some detailed plans. Of course they may have changed since this was put together. (Final Master Plan
Winter 2010)

http://www.parks.state.co.us/SiteCollec ... erPlan.pdf

18 Oct 2012 08:51 #8 by RY
Replied by RY on topic Staunton opening

pacamom wrote: Page 42 has some detailed plans. Of course they may have changed since this was put together. (Final Master Plan
Winter 2010)

http://www.parks.state.co.us/SiteCollec ... erPlan.pdf

thanks pacamom, I'll check that out :)

18 Oct 2012 09:32 #9 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic Staunton opening
The access road is now paved but there are no signs up and there's still quite a bit of construction around. I live next door to the park - the head ranger has been very involved with us insofar as keeping us up to date on what's going on. I'm guessing that it won't be open on the 20th just because it looks as if they're not quite ready and we haven't heard anything...

21 Oct 2012 22:23 #10 by ScienceChic
Opening of Staunton State Park delayed until spring
By Gaby Zastrocky, High Timber Times
Saturday, October 20, 2012

Staunton State Park will not open to the public this year, park officials have revealed.

The 3,500-acre state park north of Shaffers Crossing was scheduled to open this month, but construction delays have pushed the opening to “late spring 2013,” said park manager Jennifer Marten.

The holdups center mainly on delays in installing major utilities such as water, sewer and electricity, Marten said.
For a full story, check out the Oct. 24 print edition of the Times.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds