Low flying C130s near Shaffer's Crossing?

16 Dec 2012 13:26 #1 by Local_Historian
We just got buzzed by very low flying military/firefighting type planes here (Husband said they were C-130s) - they came from the east, flew out over us here near Woodside, and turned around. Anyone got any ideas? Training, or do we have something to worry about?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Dec 2012 14:22 #2 by otisptoadwater
From a previous post:

There are multiple variants of the C-130 and if the DoD's love for this airframe continues there will likely be many more:

If you see this aircraft in your location it's there to help put out a fire:
[youtube:2qrr4hdl]
[/youtube:2qrr4hdl]

If you see this variant in your location it's there to listen in on what's happening and then jam specific signals (have your tinfoil hats at the ready!):

If you see this variant flying around in a circle and you seem to be in the middle of that circle, you're about to have a bad day...

When you see a C-130 making a low pass and/or troops jumping out, it's training for a mission elsewhere. Train like your fight and fight like you train! Enjoy the sights and sounds of freedom!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

16 Dec 2012 14:25 #3 by Photo-fish
They usually travel in pairs. There were 4 this time. Flew right over our place. Very cool when this happens.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

17 Dec 2012 09:53 #4 by akilina
lol Otis.

Sorry I missed them this time. We see C-130's quite regularly flying very low over the rugged terrain in this section of Bailey. Usually in the morning but sometimes 2x during the day. I am thankful that they choose this area to fly and learn the mechanics of flying through canyons, etc.

Since they fly over this area quite frequently I make a point of going out and waving to them. Some will tip their wings.

I would some day like to see if their port side has artillery exposed for practice.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

17 Dec 2012 14:32 #5 by Martin Ent Inc
They were tankers on training. Just talked with a Forestry service buddy

17 Dec 2012 14:52 #6 by Grady

Martin Ent Inc wrote: They were tankers on training. Just talked with a Forestry service buddy

So they say...

I bet they were really reading our hard drives looking for suspicious activity. :Whistle

17 Dec 2012 14:56 #7 by Martin Ent Inc
Actually for those that missed them. we will be seeing alot more of them after Executive order and martial law are declared.

17 Dec 2012 15:24 #8 by akilina

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Actually for those that missed them. we will be seeing alot more of them after Executive order and martial law are declared.

lol Probably will also get to see the port side with the artillery.

Probably won't be waving to them then.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

17 Dec 2012 15:34 #9 by Martin Ent Inc

17 Dec 2012 19:30 #10 by otisptoadwater
[youtube:1n90pbfm]
[/youtube:1n90pbfm]

If you find yourself in the middle of the circle when an AC 130 comes around the only smart thing to do is to try and get outside that circle. You can run but you'll only die tired.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds