Ski Boston!

08 Feb 2013 09:51 #1 by FredHayek
Ski Boston! was created by FredHayek
:snow: Pretty sad that Boston will have more natural snow than Colorado ski areas this weekend.

Prety sad when I can't go snowmobiling at 10,000 feet in February. :(:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2013 18:02 #2 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Ski Boston!
When I was in Boston for Hurricane Sandy my three grands were so disappointed it was pretty much a non-event. I'm thinkin' they're now going to learn the true meaning of "be careful of what you wish for". lol

08 Feb 2013 18:19 #3 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Ski Boston!
I wonder if the natives in Bean Town are going to think three feet of snow is "wicked awesome." A couple of days without power and/or heat might make it less fun. Fingers crossed for minimal damage to property and minimal injury to people in the area of the storm.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

09 Feb 2013 11:43 #4 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic Ski Boston!
Let's see. I landed in Boston to go skiing in Maine in 1978. It was great! Couldn't even see past the sides of the road because the snow was piled so high. Flights to Maine were pretty much non-existent from Wash. DC or too expensive. We took a bus from Boston to Sugar Loaf.

Mid to late-70's, not the snow levels that we had in New England.

It tends to reverse itself periodically.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds