Cruise Ship Of The Damned?

15 Feb 2013 19:41 #11 by ScienceChic
For me, it would be just being on a boat; I love the water! I want something smaller and cozy though - we've been looking to someday book a private yacht with 8 friends through this company and hit the Greek isles or cruise the Mediterranean.

http://www.windstarcruises.com/greek-isles.aspx

The ginormous floating barges with people crammed in doing what you can do anywhere on land holds no appeal, but actually helping sail/cook/fish - that would rock!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Feb 2013 20:29 #12 by Dumblonde
I'm with you, SC. I always dreamed of doing a private charter, preferably a sailboat. Sadly, I get seasick.

15 Feb 2013 20:44 #13 by FredHayek

Dumblonde wrote: I truly don't get the allure of a cruise. It sounds like being trapped at sea in a Holiday Inn eating Darden quality food while experiencing no foreign culture at all.

We take our cruises through Europe so we get to explore different towns and different native cuisines every day and at night have a gourmet dinner on the boat waking the next day in a new port. Cruising on a boat with three other couples and splitting up the chores and food prep sounds like work to me.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Feb 2013 16:27 #14 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Cruise Ship Of The Damned?
That will not stop me. I only go on certain cruise lines. Carnival is not one of them. But then I am use to ships only difference I do not have to do anything on thier ships. I get to enjoy the water, the food, and friends.

20 Feb 2013 17:18 #15 by Blazer Bob

navycpo7 wrote: That will not stop me. I only go on certain cruise lines. Carnival is not one of them. But then I am use to ships only difference I do not have to do anything on thier ships. I get to enjoy the water, the food, and friends.

You have cruised as a civilian? I have thought about it but can not quite get over the hump. I might want to shack up with the fathometer.

20 Feb 2013 17:25 #16 by ScienceChic

Blazer Bob wrote:

navycpo7 wrote: That will not stop me. I only go on certain cruise lines. Carnival is not one of them. But then I am use to ships only difference I do not have to do anything on thier ships. I get to enjoy the water, the food, and friends.

You have cruised as a civilian? I have thought about it but can not quite get over the hump. I might want to shack up with the fathometer.

:rofllol :like:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Feb 2013 18:12 #17 by FredHayek

I would think you would never want to go to sea again.

21 Feb 2013 07:20 #18 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Cruise Ship Of The Damned?

Blazer Bob wrote:

Yes I have, was reluctant at first but did it. Had a pretty good time. Was on Holland cruise lines, one was the Alaska inland waterways cruise. Then took the train from Seaward to Anchorage. My son was stationed in Alaska at the time, drove down from Fairbanks so went spent some time with him. It felt weird though cause I did not have to do a damn thing, as a hole snipe, it was just strange, had to get use to it.

21 Feb 2013 07:53 #19 by FredHayek
The wife & I like Holland, even though they are owned by Carnival. We did the train ride from Fairbanks to Anchorage, pretty cool. I want to go back but it might be next year before we do.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds