High Plains Food Co-op now has Bailey & Evgn pickup sites!

22 Mar 2013 12:12 #11 by kenti2009
Nice to meet some of you yesterday at the pickup!! Hope you are enjoying the food you ordered. Here's some pictures of things that I ordered if anyone's curious to see what the food looks like!!

Whole-wheat hamburger buns and blue corn muffins:

A lovely gigantic T-bone (chapstick is for size comparison):

A selection of aquaponically grown lettuce, romaine, and chives:

Goat's milk soap (lemongrass tea and blood orange bergamot flavors), men's shaving soap and face cream:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Apr 2013 20:56 #12 by kenti2009
April orders are now open! Go to the site and open a shopping cart to begin your April order. Some new products available this month:

*Half hogs from The Satisfiers - have your half hog processed custom just how you like it! $3/pound, approximately 100lbs weight. Much more econmical than buying individual cuts. I ordered mine today and got a huge assortment of roasts, chops, bacon, side meat, hams, lard, sausage, and ribs, all packed and cut how I requested. If you're going to do this option, please contact the producer by April 5th to give them your cutting order.

*New herbal teas
*New flavors of goats milk soaps
*A new pork producer offering breakfast sausage, green chili sausage, pork roasts and brats

08 Apr 2013 21:27 #13 by kenti2009
Don't forget April orders close on 4/11 at midnight (that's this Thursday). Other new products that have been added: butter lettuce (just like the "living lettuce" sold at the grocery store with the root system still attached in the clamshell), fresh basil, and a line of natural baby care products made with goats milk!!

18 Apr 2013 08:03 #14 by kenti2009
April order pickups are today! For anyone who didn't get their emails from HPFC, the truck's running on a 2-hr delay today due to weather. I don't anticipate this delaying me getting back up the mountain by 4pm, but you never know. If it does I will do my best to get ahold of you at the number on your invoice!

01 Jun 2013 10:22 #15 by kenti2009
June orders are now open!
Some of the new products available this month -
A new supplier for goat and lamb meat
Locust tree and lilac seedlings
All natural deodorant
Llama/alpaca and rabbit manure for fertilizer
BABY HERITAGE BREED chicks!!!! $5 each!!
Also, the half hogs will be available again this month - $2.90 pound!!
greens such as romaine spinach and kale
green onions
fresh cilantro plus MANY other fresh herbs
radishes
yummy cured peppered bacon
solid moisturizer cakes (lotion in a tin!)
shampoo bars
and lots of RHUBARB!!!

01 Jul 2013 10:09 #16 by kenti2009
July orders are now open!
Some of the new stuff this month:

Cucumbers
Carrots
Beets
Potatoes
Rhubarb
Cabbage
Salad mix
Pork - Boston Butt Roast, Smoked Shoulder Roast sliced deli thin
T-bone yak steaks
Free range broiler chicken/egg combo boxes
Honey w/ the comb
6-ct duck eggs
lots of new tea varieties

13 Jul 2013 09:28 #17 by kenti2009
July orders are now closed, and delivery day will be this upcoming Thursday 7/18, 5-5:30pm for the Bailey site.
Please note that due to recent non-payment issues the co-op has been experiencing, they are now requiring all their route drivers (me) to get a paypal receipt or check from each customer at pickup, or I can NOT give out the order. Please know that if you show up without payment or a receipt proving you've already paid, I'll have to send you back to get it. Sorry for any inconveneince this may cause, but if the co-op doesn't get paid, neither do the producers, and these are small family-run farms that can't afford to take any losses like that.
I look forward to seeing you all there! :wave:

27 Aug 2013 10:38 #18 by kenti2009
:grilling: :grilling: :grilling: :grilling:
Hey all!
I'm scheduling a Greet-Eat-Meet event with High Plains Food Co-op, and I need to get a head count of who all would like to come!
The Greet-Eat-Meet is an event where the co-op folks will bring a bunch of their yummy local food and cook it up for you to sample and see if you like it and would like to join! Some of the farmers that produce for the co-op will be there too. Who wouldn't like to shake the hand that grew your food?? This is a great chance to ask questions, sample the food, meet the people.
It is going to be September 20th (Friday) at 5:30pm at Evergreen Fire Rescue's administration building on Bergen Parkway. Please let me know if you're interested and how many you'd be bringing! They serve up a whole array of different samples of prepared foods using co-op meats and products, so I need a head-count to know how much food to prepare. Please pm me!
And we have not yet decided whether to feature chicken, beef, or yak meat, so let's hear some votes!

01 Sep 2013 08:30 #19 by kenti2009
September orders are open!! Lots of yummy local veggies available this month - potatoes, beets, peppers, tomatoes and much more.
Also, don't forget to RSVP if you'd like to come to the Greet-Eat-Meet event on Sept 20th (details in the post above) - I need to hear from you by the 3rd so we know how much food to plan!!

06 Jan 2014 21:40 #20 by kenti2009
January orders are now open! New this month:
*Dried beans
*A new producer of grass finished Belted Galloway beef check out info here: www.beltie.org for info on this amazing healthy beef! Briskets, roasts, ground, steak cuts all available.
*Lamb sausage
*Boneless hickory smoked hams
*Freedom Ranger chicken
*Handmade butter from real Jersey cream (yummy!)
*A new gluten-free bakery, offering among other things: tortillas, brioche buns, pretzel buns, French bread, macaroons, and raspberry galettes

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds