nobody's wife and MY rant about a trailer I own

21 Mar 2013 12:22 #1 by catbollu
This hit me between the eyes when I tried to sell my home for almost nothing to a family that is soon to be without a home.
I went to Knotty Pine to ask Bailey Mobile home park owners if they will sign a lease if I sell my home.
They said ' no we want the trailer gone' Ok so not only are they stopping the family from moving into a home they are stopping me from selling my home all together. State law says this trailer 1973 can not be moved anywhere in the state. Including within the park. It is grandfathered in that it can stay here till it is unsafe (condemned) without a issue.
Colorado laws for this will follow.
But see the Trailer park doesn't want to follow the laws set forth by the state of Colorado in fixing the sewer system in the park.
Colorado state Law follows
C.R.S. 38-12-212.3(1) and (2)
Park Management is responsible for the cost of maintenance and repair of:
1.Sewer and utility service lines owned and provided by the park.
2.Buildings and structures provided by the park for the use of the residents
3.park premises. Premises means existing facilities, including furniture and utilities the common area grounds and any other amenity provide for the use of all homeowners.
The park cannot require a park resident to assume these costs.
The park cannot require the resident to move the mobile home or assume cost of repairs.

Now I don't want to deal with them anymore in my mind they are no different than any one else that breaks the law. Are landlords above the law? Are county officials above the law? Why is there no one willing to uphold the law?
Here is the LAW that states I don't have to move my trailer nor can they make me move it if I sell it. they can't turn people that buy it down from renting without a valid reason. THIS IS A LAW int he state of colorado so HOW are these people allowed to break the law ????????
By the way the government gave me a link to these laws and also mailed me a copy. ( that is kind of a joke considering they know the law but aren't upholding it)

A BILL FOR AN ACT
Concerning the sale of a mobile home/s located within a mobile home park/s
Specifies that the management of a mobile home park:
* May only require that a mobile home that is situated in the park be removed from the park or relocated to another lot within the park at the time it is sold if the mobile home is unsafe or unsanitary.
*May only deny tenancy to the purchaser of such a mobile home if such purchaser fails to meet the normal park standards for tenancy. and
* May not terminate a tenancy,deny tenancy to a new owner of a mobile home situated in the park, or require a new owner of a mobile home situated in the park to relocate the mobile home from on lot to another within the park on the grounds that the mobile home is not in compliance with park unit regulations that were adopted after the commencement of the tenancy of the original owner in the park and that relate to the appearance or physical specifications of the home but do not implicate safety or sanitation.

Section 38-12-201.5
Definitions
(4.5) "Normal Park standards" Means standards that a prospective home owner must meet before management will grant tenancy within a particular mobile home park to the prospective home owner. "Normal Park Standards" Includes only those standards that management applies EQUALLY to all prospective home owners and does not include park requirements regarding the age type or condition of mobile home allowed in the park.
Section 38-12-210.5
Legislative declaration- limitations on denial of tenancy by management.
(1) General assembly hereby finds and declares that:
(2)Management shall not require the removal of a mobile home situated in a mobile home park from the park or the relocation of a mobile home from one lot to another lot within the park at the time of the sale of the mobile home or deny tenancy to the purchaser of such a mobile home unless:
(a) the mobile home is unsafe or unsanitary; or
(b) the purchaser of the mobile home fails to meet the normal standards for tenancy in the park.
(3)A mobile home shall be presumed to be safe and sanitary if the mobile home was constructed in accordance with any state of nationally recognized building of construction code or standard. However, a mobile home that was not built in accordance with such a code or standard or that otherwise fails to meet the requirements of such a code or standard shall not be presumed to be unsafe or unsanitary. Management shall bear the burden of proving that a mobile home is unsafe or unsanitary before requiring its removal from the park or its relocation from one lot to another lot within the park at the time of the sale on such grounds.

If anyone knows of a lawyer that is not a conflict of interest with bailey mobile home park I would be glad to give them a call. The things that bailey mobile home park is doing is against the law! It is stopping me from selling my home for a fair price.

Thank you for reading MY RANT Have a nice day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Mar 2013 12:25 #2 by catbollu
My biggest issue is that I am not asking anything that isn't within my rights and others are allowed to break the law.
What is the difference from them breaking the law or anyone else that went to jail this week? LAw is law!
No where does it say one person can break the law and someone else can't?
Oh I know Bailey Queens are above the LAW!!

21 Mar 2013 12:53 #3 by ScienceChic
Thank you for posting your accounts as well catbollu. I've sent an email to Mike Brazell with the links to both of your threads and explained what I know from talking on the phone with nobody. I hope that gets something happening to address this.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Mar 2013 13:01 #4 by catbollu

Science Chic wrote: Thank you for posting your accounts as well catbollu. I've sent an email to Mike Brazell with the links to both of your threads and explained what I know from talking on the phone with nobody(ROFL). I hope that gets something happening to address this.

Thank you we need all the help we can get

21 Mar 2013 14:08 #5 by catbollu
I wanted to put on here the people I have contacted today
John Sutter
Office of the Attorney General
Ralph L. Carr Colorado Judicial Center
1300 Broadway, 10th Floor
Denver, CO 80203
Phone Numbers

* Main Switchboard - 720-508-6000

John Kefalas

Web: [url=http://www.johnkefalas.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.johnkefalas.org[/url]

Email: .

Phone: 303-866-4841 (o), 970-221-1135 (h), 720-254-7598 (c)

CFED
1200 g street NW suite 400
Washington DC
1-202-408-9788

State of colorado department of local affairs 303-866-4653

Manufactured home owners association of america
seattle washington
206-851-6385
This one said that it is laws in all states that the landlord can't make you move a trailer or stop you from selling it to someone who would remain in the park. She said if a landlord does attempt to do that that they are liable for the loss of the highest price you put on your trailer when you put it up for sale. Hmmm shall I take the 18000 from bailey mobile home park ? But you see IN washington state as well as 48 others SOMEONE WOULD UP HOLD THE LAWS!!

23 Mar 2013 09:56 #6 by Photo-fish
Please tell nobody to leave his posts up.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

23 Mar 2013 10:22 #7 by ScienceChic
I did, unfortunately, he got my message too late. I've saved the thread though and can put the posts back if he wishes.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds