Howdy from Chicago

07 Apr 2013 11:31 #11 by appleannie
Replied by appleannie on topic Howdy from Chicago

Arlen wrote: The ornamental architecture of the older buildings downtown really makes one think of the gangster days of Al Capone. That is the only thing that I like about Chicago. Other than that it is the a**hole of the world.

No, that would be Bettendorf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Apr 2013 11:44 #12 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Howdy from Chicago
WOW.....what an education.....never been to "Chi town".....(I think that's an accurate term)......having been "sheltered" in Alaska
and Colorado ( with a BRIEF,but hideous stay Conyers,just outside of Atlanta)I can TRULY state.......wide OPEN spaces are the only
thing I can wrap my mind around......HURRY BACK......Colorado is the ONLY place to be,(besides Alaska)....JMO

07 Apr 2013 13:06 #13 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Howdy from Chicago
You would be amazed at Chicago. The aquariem is built on the lakeshore. When you are inside looking out - you see nothing but water. I used to walk in and just stare at the huge tank full of fish bigger than me and once in a while a diver. Right next door is the planetarium.
The Field Museum is just a couple of blocks away. I never tired of going.

Grant Park has been revitalized with a spectacular new band shell, and the Bean. Very fun to take pictures under it.

Like Arlen said, the architecture in Chicago is amazing. You can spend an hour just looking at the walls outside the tribune building. There are pieces of other famous buildings and famous landmarks, and places on earth embedded in the walls.

Walking into all those expensive old hotels just to see the inside takes your breath away.

Wrigley Field. There is no place better to watch a baseball game.

The list is endless. Chicago may not have mountains in its' backyard, but there is plenty to do and beauty to see.

08 Apr 2013 07:48 #14 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic Howdy from Chicago
weather channel says trip home is going to be hell.

08 Apr 2013 10:25 #15 by [Raven]
Replied by [Raven] on topic Howdy from Chicago

Arlen wrote: Other than that it is the a**hole of the world.

That's absurd. It's a dangerous and dirty place, but it's one of the most amazing cities in the world.

08 Apr 2013 11:15 #16 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic Howdy from Chicago
Fly safe!

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds