As a society have we really stooped this low?

11 Apr 2013 14:35 #1 by Grady
That people actually need this?

Road crew please feel free to re-size.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Apr 2013 15:05 #2 by archer
Might be good for college students who have a microwave but no stove top, or for young kids to make their own lunch. I'm too picky about how my grilled cheese sandwiches are made to even consider them.

11 Apr 2013 15:21 #3 by FredHayek
Yes, we really have. Seen the hotdogs in a bun you can buy individually? Pre-hardboiled eggs?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Apr 2013 16:34 #4 by otisptoadwater

Because it's too hard to make your own sammitch...

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

12 Apr 2013 08:23 #5 by Mtn Gramma

archer wrote: Might be good for college students who have a microwave but no stove top, ...

When I was in college we had neither, so we made grilled cheese using a sheet of aluminum foil between the buttered bread and a hot iron. Not gourmet, but when you're 18, 19, up in the wee hours of the morning studying, who cares? lol

12 Apr 2013 08:26 #6 by FredHayek

Mtn Gramma wrote:

archer wrote: Might be good for college students who have a microwave but no stove top, ...

When I was in college we had neither, so we made grilled cheese using a sheet of aluminum foil between the buttered bread and a hot iron. Not gourmet, but when you're 18, 19, up in the wee hours of the morning studying, who cares? lol

Now i am hungry for grilled cheese... :droolpuddle:

12 Apr 2013 09:45 #7 by Grady

Mtn Gramma wrote:

I thought that was what Denny's was for? :biggrin:

12 Apr 2013 10:52 #8 by 2wlady
Didn't have a Denny's and didn't have any money. By the end of the month I was eating spaghetti or rice with fake maple syrup (it was cheap then).

12 Apr 2013 10:56 #9 by Blazer Bob

Mtn Gramma wrote:

You had an iron? Were you rich?
:Whistle

12 Apr 2013 11:00 #10 by FredHayek
In my first apartment in college, we didn't have enough money for a vacuum so we would borrow the girls one next door, about twice a semester.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds