53 Peaks Brewing hopes to open in Conifer!

16 Apr 2013 17:09 - 27 Nov 2017 00:07 #1 by ScienceChic
How cool is this?! Thanks to CG for the heads-up on the article. Click the link to watch the embedded video for more info!

53 Peaks Brewing begins Kickstarter campaign, hopes to open in Conifer
By Jonathan Shikes Thu., Apr. 11 2013

Here's a strange fact about Colorado's every-increasing number of breweries: head south out of Golden or west from Lakewood along Colorado Highway 285 and it will be a while -- about 115 miles -- before you find one. The 285 corridor between Lakewood and Buena Vista, a very popular route, appears to be devoid of breweries -- which Jason Conger and Calvin Cook hope to change by opening 53 Peaks Brewing in Conifer.

"It's really wide open," says Conger. "We originally wanted to be in Morrison, but there were too many hurdles to jump through. Conifer seems like an awesome spot, though, and that is where we want to be. There is so much traffic going through there."

On Tuesday, 53 Peaks cranked up a Kickstarter campaign in an effort to raise $20,000 to get the brewery off the ground; it has already raised about 10 percent of that. But even if the effort fails, Conger says he is close to signing a lease on a space.

Sorry, I forgot to ad the link if you'd like to personally donate to the effort to get them here! www.kickstarter.com/projects/1828246448/...-for-the-peaks/posts
33 Backers
$5,479 pledged of $20,000 goal
23 days to go

Here's their:
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/53Peaks
Twitter account: twitter.com/53PeaksBrewing
Instagram account:

Pinterest account: pinterest.com/53peaksbrewing/
Untappd account: untappd.com/53peaksbrewingco

About Us: www.53peaksbrewing.com/about-us.html

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.โ€ -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2013 17:14 #2 by FredHayek
Good luck guys!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Apr 2013 13:53 #3 by Beeks
Love the idea, and I too wish them luck, but why would the public be asked to donate start-up money?

30 Apr 2013 15:31 #4 by LOL
This is excellent news, thanks for posting. Wonder where it will be located?
I was expecting Evergreen would be a better location for a Brewery up here.

Three new ones are scheduled for Golden too, and Denver has some new ones opening this year.

http://yourhub.denverpost.com/golden/bu ... e=DPWidget

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/2 ... g_2013.php

:party :givemebeer:
:yeahthat:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

09 May 2013 11:02 #5 by ScienceChic
They made their goal! :woo hoo:

137 Backers
$20,196 pledged of $20,000 goal

53 Peaks STRETCH GOALS!!
Update #5 ยท May 8, 2013

We've done it!! Thanks to the tremendous support of all of our friends, family, and fans, we've hit our $20,000 goal and are on our way to opening the 53 Peaks Brewery!! We can't believe it, we're in shock on all the positivity around our campaign and everything you've done for us! While we have this platform and this overwhelming support, we are going to introduce added incentives for us to go even further!! If we happen to pass these goals we'll keep adding on more, so keep on following!

$20,530 - If we can raise an extra $530 we will have our Kickstarter Club (YOU ALL!) that will vote on a Kickstarter Exclusive Beer that will be served the day we open! We'll let you all pick the beer and invite you over to the brewery when we open! We could not do this without you all and want you to be a part of it! Cheers!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.โ€ -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Nov 2013 17:26 #6 by LOL
Any news or updates? Sounds like they have "changed gears" according to the web page, hope they do get here someday. :givemebeer:

Conifer/Evergreen? We need a Brewery!

http://www.53peaksbrewing.com/home.html

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

25 Nov 2013 17:30 #7 by ScienceChic
Unfortunately, sad news. They can't move to Conifer due to overwhelming costs to get the proper permits from Jeffco, and I think the water rights would've been cost-prohibitive as well.
File Attachment:

25 Nov 2013 17:42 #8 by LOL
I'd be happy with Evergreen, or Bailey!

Hell I guess I'll have to do it myself soon, my dream is to be a Brewster!

Discount for MMT-ers of course!

25 Nov 2013 18:14 #9 by Blazer Bob

LOL wrote: I'd be happy with Evergreen, or Bailey!

Hell I guess I'll have to do it myself soon, my dream is to be a Brewster!

Discount for MMT-ers of course!

I will pledge 10$. Will that get me free beer for a year?

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds