Some fireworks at Jeffco Public School Board Mtg yesterday

03 May 2013 02:38 #1 by ScienceChic
It sounds like there was a some fine entertainment at the Jeffco Public Schools Board Hearing tonight, sorry I missed it! It's always fun when security is called because someone tries to prevent video being recorded (even better when it's a board member who's the one being disruptive!) :biggrin: You can follow everything that happened on their Twitter feed , but here's the juicy parts (wish I could find video of the meetings, they must record them for record-keeping, not public review):

File Attachment:
File Attachment:

File Attachment:
File Attachment:

File Attachment:
File Attachment:

File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Kudos to whomever videotapes and tweets during the meeting - they do a fine job juggling both professionally! That meeting lasted 4 hours - til 10pm, ugh. FYI, here's the run-down of the board: http://www.jeffcopublicschools.org/board/members.html

I saw another tweet about Superintendent Stevenson talking about eliminating early release days - I sincerely hope so!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2013 11:21 #2 by Local_Historian
OMG. Seriously? First, this makes me glad that my children are grown and out of the Jeffco system. Secondly, religion has NO PLACE in the curriculum UNLESS it is being taught objectively as part of a social studies class or in in a passing mention. Examples- "People who live in Iraq and Afganistan tend to be Muslim in religious faith and social practice." Or "Such and so, who invented such and so item than is of great use to us today, was persecuted for going against his "fill in the blank" religion."

There is NO undermining of Christianity in our local schools- religion is NOT a part of the daily education of our students. Those who want religious education had better seek out private schools. And no, we will not fund you sending your child to a private school.

Why is the school board even allowing this to be discussed??

03 May 2013 11:47 #3 by Nobody that matters

Local_Historian wrote: And no, we will not fund you sending your child to a private school.

Vouchers are inevitable... Fighting them is like fighting the tide.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

04 May 2013 10:11 #4 by Local_Historian
Well then, let them go make ridiculous demands at the private schools then.

04 May 2013 10:47 #5 by Nobody that matters

Local_Historian wrote: Well then, let them go make ridiculous demands at the private schools then.

I agree with you that Miller was being a bigoted ass, but Boggs stopping the video is inexcusable. How could anyone justify a rule that an open meeting can't be videotaped?

Besides, I'd like to see what this Miller person looks like so I can greet her with a friendly "Ahlan", "marHaban" or "Boker Tov"

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds