How do you celebrate Mother's Day?

12 May 2013 12:32 #1 by ScienceChic
Any traditions, or do you just sit back and enjoy the day as it rolls on by? :)

File Attachment:
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

This is one of my favorite Spice Girls songs, and wasn't one of their big hits.
[youtube:b21hupil]
[/youtube:b21hupil]

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 May 2018 10:45 #2 by ScienceChic
Because no one says "Mother" better than Samuel L Jackson! LOL! :biggrin: :momgift: :luv2bmom:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 May 2020 17:41 #3 by ScienceChic
Happy Mother's Day! :momglitter:

12 May 2020 09:33 #4 by FredHayek
I visited my Mom's grave for Mother's Day this year. Brought her a stone from her front yard to place on the marker and a vase of flowers from her backyard. It was nice. She loved to paint flowers, much more than humans, could never get the eyes right. 

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 May 2020 12:46 #5 by ScienceChic
That's a nice way to honor your mom FH, I'm sorry to hear she's left this world already. Eyes are tough to capture. Was your mom a fan of Georgia O'Keeffe by chance? Her flower paintings are what make her my favorite artist.

We sent my mom flowers as we do every year, and I gave her a call to catch up. Sadly, we learned that the body of one of my cousins' sons was found that day after a week of searching for him following a canoeing accident. He was 24, his fiancee survived the accident.

Life is so short sometimes, live it to the fullest and celebrate those you love.

The following user(s) said Thank You: FredHayek

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds