concrete question

20 Jun 2013 10:37 #1 by pinerider
concrete question was created by pinerider
I am thinking about replacing a worn tile walkway/entryway with stamped concrete. Anyone up here have experience with outdoor stamped concrete. It will not be covered and I'm mostly concerned with how it holds up to shoveling through the winters. Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jun 2013 13:27 #2 by KJack
Replied by KJack on topic concrete question
It can be a real pain if you ever have to replace a damaged area to match and should be resealed every few years. Also where there's a lot of freezingand thawing you'll be getting more cracks especially if the concrete wasn't mixed perfectly (and NEVER use salt to thaw ice). Make sure you get an expert to do it and don't go cheap. Look into interlocking concrete pavers too.

20 Jun 2013 13:30 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic concrete question
Yeah, that was why we'd decided to go with paver stones rather than stamped concrete when we re-did the patio in our back yard.

http://www.bahlerbrothers.com/blog/bid/ ... and-Pavers

Although, you can't do this with pavers: :)

File Attachment:
From our last trip to OR, at Dobbes Family Winery

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds