Overnight work on U.S. 285 at Wadsworth to knot traffic

05 Aug 2010 02:48 #1 by CinnamonGirl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Aug 2010 13:21 #2 by EddieWess
Its funny that they (CDOT) refer to Westbound 285. No such animal. Traffic reporters and now CDOT don't seem to know the the highway numbering protocols.

05 Aug 2010 14:07 #3 by ShilohLady
Yeah, but when I'm driving to/from work and the sun is in my eyes, I find it hard to say I'm travelling North or South!

05 Aug 2010 15:27 #4 by EddieWess
Nevertheless, it is North and Southbound US Highway 285. Roads that generally go north and south are designated with odd numbers, I - 25, US 285, US 287 etc; those that generally go east and west are designated with even numbers (I - 70, I -80, I - 90, etc.). Its how it goes and you can't argue with the government, this is, after all, America, damn it! :biggrin:

Besides that, Shiloh, what do you know, you still need training wheels, so you got bigger fish to fry!

05 Aug 2010 15:46 #5 by HEARTLESS
Eddie, Shiloh might have training wheels, but she is right. The poles and directions are geographic constants, so when speaking to the government types (always easily identified by the open mouthed drooling appearance) they can imagine whatever direction suits them.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

06 Aug 2010 15:34 #6 by EddieWess

HEARTLESS wrote: Eddie, Shiloh might have training wheels, but she is right. The poles and directions are geographic constants, so when speaking to the government types (always easily identified by the open mouthed drooling appearance) they can imagine whatever direction suits them.

Well not to start an argument, the subject matter is really not woth it, but, Highway 285 really is a north/south highway. It starts in Denver and ends 845 miles later in Sanderson, Texas. You really can't go changing the name of a highway every time it temporarily changes directions or else you'd have signs every couple of miles changing to say Southwest 285, North by Southwest 285 etc. I think this time the government got it right. Bottom line is when you are heading towards Denver and the northern terminus, it is US Highway 285 North, when heading towards Texas and the Southern terminus, it is US Highway 285 South. CDOT and traffic reporters should know this.

I seem to recall when the the 4 lane expansion was finished they put up some signs in Aspen Park pointing towards 285 East and 285 West. They came down pretty quick, I wish I had one of those collectors items.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds