XM sirius and satellite tv

06 Aug 2010 05:56 #1 by LOL
Any one else notice the new talkin DJs chit chat and less continuous music on Siruis XM radio? I wonder if something changed when they merged, it used to be non stop good music. Most of the TV programs suck too, too many same old, has been movies I've seen 3x. I am getting ready to downgrade to the basic package, maybe I'll record 20 hours of random music first on the dvr.

Are there any good free music channels on the basic package? (Dish) I hate to give up the history channel though, its about the only thing I watch.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Aug 2010 08:51 #2 by ScienceChic
Joe, we've been noticing for some time that there's less continuous music - getting annoyed at the promos and "commercials" on Sirius (especially on the comedy channels, it started before the merger, but has gotten worse since then).

We have Dish Network for one very important reason - they have a Hawaiian music channel! Not, just "tropical", or "Margarita" which ends up being a mix of reggae, country, and others, but just Hawaiian all the time and LOVE it! Of course, we're the only people I know who regularly turn on Hawaiian music to listen to when not in Hawaii. :) For a list of CD channels with each package, see here:
http://www.dishnetwork.com/packages/com ... fault.aspx

Their basic package (120) does have the History Channel. If you upgrade to the 250 package, there's also a History International - I haven't watched that one myself so I don't know if it's all that and a bag of chips.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Aug 2010 10:43 #3 by FredHayek
Sirius ruined XM, but they are the only game in town for me when I travel the 285 corridor.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Aug 2010 11:54 #4 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic XM sirius and satellite tv

Science Chic wrote: ... For a list of CD channels with each package, see here:
http://www.dishnetwork.com/packages/com ... fault.aspx ...

I tried the CD channels for music, but they sound poor, I think they are mono or low bandwidth signal transmission. Definitely a difference on my stereo receiver compared to Sirius XM.... I think I am going to the 120 package this fall, great that they have the History channel.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds