Friday the 13th, Flight 666 to HEL

13 Sep 2013 20:18 #1 by ScienceChic
My comedian of a husband was sure it was headed for Cincinnati. :smackshead: (I said Cowboys Stadium) :biggrin:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 76314.html

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Oct 2017 10:09 #2 by ScienceChic
Happy Friday the 13th! :friday13:
From History.com:
Friday the 13th

Long considered a harbinger of bad luck, Friday the 13th has inspired a late 19th-century secret society, an early 20th-century novel, a horror film franchise and not one but two unwieldy terms—paraskavedekatriaphobia and friggatriskaidekaphobia—that describe fear of this supposedly unlucky day.

What’s so unlucky about the number 13?
By Barbara Maranzani // September 13, 2013

Researchers estimate that at least 10 percent of the U.S. population has a fear of the number 13, and each year the even more specific fear of Friday the 13, known as paraskevidekatriaphobia, results in financial losses in excess of $800 million annually, as people avoid marrying, traveling or in the most severe cases, even working. But what’s so unlucky about the number 13, and how did this numerical superstition get started?

me.me/i/7121297

www.quickmeme.com/p/3vmh42/page/1/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

13 Jul 2018 08:33 #3 by ScienceChic
Happy Friday the 13th! :friday13: :coolwink:

Friday The 13th: Why Are People Afraid Of The Day? — 5 Things About Triskaidekaphobia
Jason Brow, Sports Editor
July 13, 2018

5. The number 13 terrifies even the master of horror. Don’t think triskaidekaphobia is serious? The number 13 scares Stephen King, the man whose nightmares have kept people up at night for decades. “I always take the last two steps on my back stairs as one, making 13 into 12 (there were, after all, 13 steps on the English gallows – up until 1900 or so – and executions were traditionally carried out on Fridays),” he wrote in 1984, a year with three Friday the 13ths.

From Happy Friday the 13th Cat Memes: pixshark.com/happy-friday-the-13th-cat.htm

Monday Humor Quotes: www.pinterest.com/explore/monday-humor-quotes/

Friday the 13th Pins: www.pinterest.com/dekkerleijssena/vrijdag-de-13-de/?lp=true

Attachments:

13 Jul 2018 15:46 - 13 Jul 2018 15:47 #4 by parkcobound
Blahahaha - that is too funny :) love it (the airplane story)

13 Sep 2019 10:28 #5 by ScienceChic
:friday13: :bengalkitty:
Happy Friday the 13th, the best day of the year!!! What makes this one even cooler is that it's a full moon! Wishing you all a marvelous day and weekend ahead.
On Friday the 13th, Don't Be Freaked Out by the 'Micromoon'
By Stephanie Pappas - Live Science Contributor | 5 hours ago

A full moon on Friday the 13th is spooky enough, but hold on to your black cats. September's full moon will also be a "micromoon."

Skywatchers in Central, Mountain and Pacific time zones will get a view of the full moon tonight (Sept. 13) at 11:32 p.m., 10:32 p.m. and 9:32 p.m., respectively, while East Coasters will see the moon at its fullest at 12:32 a.m. on the 14th. Regardless of time zone, the moon will appear just a bit dimmer than usual (eerie!), because it will be at apogee, or its farthest distance from Earth.

That means that the moon will appear about 14% smaller and 30% dimmer than when it is at its closest point to Earth, which is known as perigee.

Full Harvest Moon will illuminate the night sky on Friday the 13th
By Caitlin O'Kane, CBS News | September 13, 2019 / 9:22 AM

The full moon that occurs closest to the autumnal equinox is called a Harvest Moon. Autumn officially begins on September 23 at 3:50 a.m. EDT.

However, this year's Harvest Moon is unlike most in that it will coincide with Friday the 13th. This rarity hasn't happened since a full moon appeared on October 13, 2000.

The next time a full moon will coincide with Friday the 13th will be August 13, 2049.

13 Sep 2019 11:57 #6 by homeagain
A black cat crosses my path EVERYDAY....at home. I have had three black cats in my life and
ALL were cool cats....my semi feral feline (presently residing over the house),we named STELLA.because she was a stealthy,shy but sweet......one moment she was there, and look again,she was gone. Stella, the stealth cat.

The number 13 in the 'west' is considered weird,but since it reduces down to the number 4,the
'EAST' dreads it also.....Chinese view it the same as Americans.

13 Mar 2020 00:01 #7 by ScienceChic
Being as it's an election year, I can't resist this one! :biggrin: :friday13:
Happy Friday the 13th!

Attachments:

13 Mar 2020 06:27 #8 by homeagain
:Ivoted: :oregonwine: Toast to the 13th......lovely lady luck

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds