Conifer, CO Man Rescued from S Platte River

20 Sep 2013 17:09 #1 by ScienceChic
Joseph Schneiderwind, 48, of Conifer, CO had to be rescued from the rain-swollen S Platte River a mile east of the Nebraska-Colorado state line after he and his 54 year old brother tried to canoe it.

Neb. officials urge people to stay clear of flood
By GRANT SCHULTE, Associated Press | September 20, 2013

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Sep 2013 17:27 #2 by otisptoadwater

Science Chic wrote: Joseph Schneiderwind, 48, of Conifer, CO had to be rescued from the rain-swollen S Platte River a mile east of the Nebraska-Colorado state line after he and his 54 year old brother tried to canoe it.

Neb. officials urge people to stay clear of flood
By GRANT SCHULTE, Associated Press | September 20, 2013

:smackshead: I hope he and his brother get to foot the bill for the rescue, now is not the time for distracting first responders from the emergencies already at hand. I can't help but wonder what the motivation was for this bone headed move...

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

20 Sep 2013 21:15 #3 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic Conifer, CO Man Rescued from S Platte River
Reminds of that song..."If I only had a brain..." LOL

21 Sep 2013 09:38 #4 by Mtn Gramma
So we finally know vl's name and age. :woo hoo:

21 Sep 2013 23:26 #5 by serenity

Mtn Gramma wrote: So we finally know vl's name and age. :woo hoo:

To err is human, to forgive is canine~

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds