Fire insurance qualifications in our area?

25 Sep 2013 18:01 #1 by ScottB
This may indicate future fire insurance qualifications/costs in our area. It is a job posting.
If someone familiar with this type of work can explain it, it may help us all understand what, if anything, we may be facing when our fire insurance comes up for renewal.

http://denver.craigslist.org/lab/4091059886.html
Reply . [

Wildfire Underwriter Surveyor (Evergreen CO) Wildfire Sureyors (Jefferson County)
Underwriting Surveyors - Wildfire Surveyors

Information Providers, Inc. is seeking Underwriting Surveyors to perform
Wildfire Surveys in Evergreen and Conifer areas. We are seeking multiple surveyors. Applicants will need to live in either Evergreen or Conifer, CO.

You will be providing photos, dwelling conditions and report on defensible space
on residential properties for underwriting purposes. This is a four month temporary
position to make $14 to $24 per hour as an temporary employee. After the the completion of the wildfire project there will be several part time positions available for year around work.

Compensation: Fee Based estimated hourly $14.00- $24.00
This is a part-time job.

Posted: 2013-09-25, 3:20PM MDT Updated: 2013-09-25, 3:20PM MDT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Sep 2013 06:59 #2 by homeagain
DON'T believe this is anything new.....State Farm (my agent/underwriter) has been doing it for
years (Hi-Meadow,Snakey back in the early 2000's).....never know when they show up,never
know what the report is UNLESS they find your property NOT mitigated efficiently....THEN they
report back (via a letter,email) to your agent and THEN you get a notice.....I contacted my
agent THIS year regarding this exact topic.....the above is what he related......I went one step
further and made sure that the underwriters had a copy of my "FIREWISE" DESIGNATION and
that my agent's office had a copy.....so that EVERYONE knew our property had been mitigated/
and NOT neglected. (it still won't matter because what's coming down the pike is wildfire risk
accessments for urban/forest interface....you want the view/privacy, you will pay for it, just
like water useage for city water infrastructure.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds