Fed-Up Flight Attendant Makes Sliding Exit

10 Aug 2010 09:57 #1 by JMC
I admire this guy.

On Monday, on the tarmac at Kennedy International Airport, a JetBlue attendant named Steven Slater decided he had had enough, the authorities said.

After a dispute with a passenger who stood to fetch luggage too soon on a full flight just in from Pittsburgh, Mr. Slater, 38 and a career flight attendant, got on the public-address intercom and let loose a string of invective.

Then, the authorities said, he pulled the lever that activates the emergency-evacuation chute and slid down, making a dramatic exit not only from the plane but, one imagines, also from his airline career.

On his way out the door, he paused to grab a beer from the beverage cart. Then he ran to the employee parking lot and drove off, the authorities said.

Read more here..... http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/10/nyreg ... nt.html?hp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Aug 2010 10:03 #2 by LOL
Take this job and shove it! I like the beer part the best, why not go out in style?

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Aug 2010 13:59 #3 by FredHayek
That is the proper way to leave a job. I wonder if he will inspire anyone else.

Anyone else see the Whiteboard/HPOA slide show? Very funny.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Aug 2010 14:53 #4 by ScienceChic
Not likely - he's being held on charges and looking at possible 7 years jail time (not likely, but still, would you want that stress just for the fleeting satisfaction of telling someone off?).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds