Thank you from the Schlung Family.

10 Aug 2010 17:56 #1 by MyMountainTown
At Bailey Day we had a donation area for the Schlung family we were able to collect $50 for the family and Ms. Schlung asked me to send their heartfelt thanks to everyone that donated. He is a great kid and we thank you also. I am sure they would appreciate your thoughts. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kevinbakerschlung/

285 Bound Staff

File Attachment:

Uploaded with [url=http://imageshack.us:24slzn7n]ImageShack.us[/url]

What we thought was just a sprain to potential fracture turned into us receiving the news on Monday, June 28th- Your son has bone cancer. The last few weeks have been a multitude of tests, biopsies & more info then we could have ever imagined.

But one thing will remain strong in our journey - that is "The Lord" will always be our stronghold and by his will and his will alone - shall we get thru this journey that has come our way.

Thank you for your prayers.
Tim, MaryAnn, Kevin, Ashlee & Lexi Schlung

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Aug 2010 20:17 #2 by ScienceChic
My 20 year old nephew went through this just a few years ago. He found out he had cancer when he broke his arm swinging around a post with one hand - an action that shouldn't have broken an arm bone at the shoulder socket. It had been weakened by the tumor and turned out to be a blessing in disguise: it enabled the early detection of the cancer and early treatment. Bone cancer is one of the more easily treated of cancers (chemo still sucks, but it's not as harsh as chemo treating other types of cancer) and has one of the highest survival rates! If it's started in a limb, be sure to contact the Limb Preservation Society for help - they have great doctors who have tons of experience treating the cancer without losing the limb (SOP not all that long ago was to just amputate automatically as it was deemed the safest course of action). They also have a wonderful program with financial aid - my nephew was working odd construction jobs at the time, had very little savings and no insurance, and they covered almost everything for him. He's had bi-annual follow-ups every year and is cancer free 4 years later! We've been devoted contributors ever since! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
http://www.limbpreservation.org/
MISSION:

To support the prevention and treatment of
limb threatening conditions
due to tumor, trauma or infection.

The Limb Preservation Foundation
is a charitable organization that
was established in 1987.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Aug 2010 16:29 #3 by Ice
Wish you all the best, hate to see you go through this.I will help the best i can.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds