Live blogging from Prague Czech Republic and Germany

11 Nov 2013 15:01 #31 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Live blogging from Prague Czech Republic and Germany
Is this "Live Blogging!" or did you save it as a draft yesterday, and just got around to posting it now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Nov 2013 21:38 - 11 Nov 2013 21:41 #32 by Reverend Revelant

Black Dog wrote: Is this "Live Blogging!" or did you save it as a draft yesterday, and just got around to posting it now?

It is live in the sense that I do something, some activity or something of that nature and then I post a little story or summary of what I saw and experienced as soon as I get back to my hotel room.

The pictures I am posting at Facebook are "live," taken at the moments I see something I think would be interesting and then up loaded as soon as I get a wireless connection.

My girlfriend has full cellular access on her phone and Ipad, but that connection is mainly for her to use in conjunction with her work. I can't use it for my own purposes. Even though we are on a vacation, she has had to put out a few "fires" in regards to her employment.

And remember, we are 8 hours ahead of Mountain time. It is about 9:40 pm where you are where as it's 5:40 am here as I post this.

I will be honored to answer any of your other questions. And I have many more stories too tell and relate on this thread, but those will be posted when I get back to Conifer.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

11 Nov 2013 21:40 #33 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Live blogging from Prague Czech Republic and Germany
"Girlfriend"? Yikes

What kind of girlfriend can a 60+ year old guy get?

11 Nov 2013 21:54 #34 by Reverend Revelant

Black Dog wrote: "Girlfriend"? Yikes

What kind of girlfriend can a 60+ year old guy get?

I will answer your questions if they pertain to something I am posted, otherwise I am not going to let you hijack this thread. You have already had comments moved out of this thread, and it will happen again.

If you have something to contribute, then do so. There are a lot of interesting things we could talk about in regards to the Czech Republic, Prague and Holocaust related stuff (since part of my trip is for some Holocaust research).

Other than that I will ignore you.

11 Nov 2013 21:57 #35 by UNDER MODERATION
I just got back from Guam..Have to go back soon...We ate grilled bats there..Big bats cooked over the fire- Great with beer

i feel stronger

11 Nov 2013 22:07 #36 by Mtn Gramma

Black Dog wrote: I just got back from Guam..Have to go back soon...We ate grilled bats there..Big bats cooked over the fire- Great with beer

i feel stronger

You smell stronger, too.

11 Nov 2013 22:15 #37 by UNDER MODERATION

Mtn Gramma wrote:

Black Dog wrote: I just got back from Guam..Have to go back soon...We ate grilled bats there..Big bats cooked over the fire- Great with beer

i feel stronger

You smell stronger, too.

Theres a special protien in these big bats that you can get any where else in the world...And they are so rich in iron.

btw- I'm ignoring you now Gramma- Just so you know

11 Nov 2013 22:58 #38 by Reverend Revelant
This subject is about the Czech Republic and Germany. It would be nice if you didn't make more work for SC (she'll move these comments... again).

I've noticed there are numerous threads where you can argue over pumpkins.

12 Nov 2013 12:04 #39 by Reverend Revelant
Ok... here we are in Leipzig Germany. My darling mate, my wonderful lady, the love of my life found us a wonderful room rate here... $36.00 for the night.

I'm too old for this. We are in a VERY East Germany style neighborhood, Soviet era buildings and this building has been turned into a upscale hostel. That means a bath down the hall, lousy internet (I'm posting this with a cell connection on the Ipad), a light in the ceiling that keeps flashing (like a David Lynch movie), 2 single beds, IKEA like minimal furniture, very old and noisy street cars running up and down the street every 5 minutes (it's got to stop sometime overnight) and a young aryan blond girl at the reception desk (ok... I lied, I'm not too old).

But on to the fun part. We stopped for 3 hours in Dresden to walk around the old town center. Really nice, LARGE old buildings which were reconstructed from the original rubble after we bomb the hell out of the town during WWII.

I think they are still really upset about that little bombing thing (and the ensuing firestorm). Unfriendly would be insulting to unfriendly people. I don't know how to describe the people of Dresden? Ok... yes I do. Humorless, ex-Stasi, stoned face, officious robots.

And I get along with all sorts of people, I am sensitive to many cultural norms... in short... I love people and usually fit in with almost anyone (I have some funny stories about wonderful people I've met on this trip which I will relate after I get home).

I've been in the best museums in the world. I know all the rules, I respect the artifacts, I don't touch anything, I never use flash photography (or ant photography if it's not allowed)... but don't, I repeat don't come any closer then 22 cm to anything in the Dresden Museum of Mathematics and Science.

Yea... I did. And I set off alarms. Ok... I made a mistake, but I didn't touch or harm anything. It's not like I went crashing through a display case.

Security was on me in a East German minute. This son of a Stasi officer came over, pushed me back while another one inspected the walls, the display case, the floor... I'm surprised I didn't get frisked.

I got a lecture and then we left the building.

Now on to the Autobahn. I've never driven on the Autobahn, I know, there is no speed limit. But there is no common sense either. It took 3 hours to go from Dresden to Leipzig. It's only about 90 km, but there was two horrendous accidents on that span of road. And in both cases, there were cars THROWN off the road. They got involved with 18 wheelers... the truck won.

It's 8:00 pm now, I'm tired, stressed out and ready to sleep, no pictures tonight... I don't want to hog our international data plan with large pictures.. By the way, the people I met along the route from Dresden (gas station and a bakery) were very nice, very friendly and smiled a lot.

I think those folks in Dresden are still a little mad at us.

12 Nov 2013 12:26 #40 by FredHayek
Sad to see the people of Dresden treat you this way. We were in a more northern formerly East German border town and found the people very friendly to us obvious Americans. Even paid for us to pee since we didn't have any coin Euros.
Part of the border was a river lake so hardy people were able to swim to the West German side at night every now and then. I still would like to see Dresden, maybe in a couple years.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds