VETERANS DAY WEEKEND

08 Nov 2013 19:06 #1 by navycpo7
This weekend, Americans honor the US Military Veterans who have served and are serving this great nation. We as US Military Veterans honor our comrades, both those that are here with us and those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. As we go about our days this weekend, we sent down to a nice dinner or lunch, go out to a movie, spend time with our families, take a minute, stop and just remember those who are currently deployed, who cannot be here with their families, remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. To all my brothers and sisters in arms, Thank You for what you have done and are doing. To the Marines, Happy Birthday. :fwave:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Nov 2013 08:22 #2 by Venturer
Replied by Venturer on topic VETERANS DAY WEEKEND
Thank you for your service to the numerous family, friends and all who have served or are now serving.

09 Nov 2013 09:25 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic VETERANS DAY WEEKEND
And to those who still suffer physical and mental wounds from their service. #flandersfieldspoppies

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Nov 2013 09:31 #4 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic VETERANS DAY WEEKEND
Thank you to all that have served, and their families as well. Your sacrifices do not go unnoticed by freedom loving Americans. :fwave:
We need a salute smiley.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

09 Nov 2013 19:08 #5 by Hippie Love Fest
I proudly wear the little poppy on my jacket. Thank you to all who have served and all those who continue to serve. No greater love...

10 Nov 2013 05:29 #6 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic VETERANS DAY WEEKEND
Thank you Veterans! :fwave:

Here is a nice story about a welcome and salute 13 Marines got at the Chicago airport recently. Very nice!

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/M ... 46281.html

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Nov 2013 19:38 #7 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic VETERANS DAY WEEKEND

My heart felt thanks to all who have served, those serving now, and those who will serve us in the future. Defending our nation involves a full spectrum of jobs, no matter what you did/do/or will do know that your role is important and your efforts don't go unnoticed.

We live in challenging times, to those who will enlist or accept a commission in the near future you have my thanks and best wishes. Regardless of the orders that the CIC may issue, follow your orders and do everything you can to achieve mission success.

To those serving now, you have my ultimate respect. What you do day in and day out defending our nation speaks for it's self but somehow rarely gets the acknowledgement it deserves. BRAVO ZULU to every man and woman on active duty!

To those who served and didn't return, to those who fought and suffered and to those who fought and returned with physical and mental wounds, nothing can provide recompense for your sacrifices. The only thing our fellow citizens can do is recognize you for your individual services and sacrifices in defense of our nation.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

10 Nov 2013 22:52 #8 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic VETERANS DAY WEEKEND

otisptoadwater wrote:

My heart felt thanks to all who have served, those serving now, and those who will serve us in the future. Defending our nation involves a full spectrum of jobs, no matter what you did/do/or will do know that your role is important and your efforts don't go unnoticed.

We live in challenging times, to those who will enlist or accept a commission in the near future you have my thanks and best wishes. Regardless of the orders that the CIC may issue, follow your orders and do everything you can to achieve mission success.

To those serving now, you have my ultimate respect. What you do day in and day out defending our nation speaks for it's self but somehow rarely gets the acknowledgement it deserves. BRAVO ZULU to every man and woman on active duty!

Well said Otis.

To those who served and didn't return, to those who fought and suffered and to those who fought and returned with physical and mental wounds, nothing can provide recompense for your sacrifices. The only thing our fellow citizens can do is recognize you for your individual services and sacrifices in defense of our nation.

11 Nov 2013 09:44 #9 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic VETERANS DAY WEEKEND
One of our poppies, despite it being November came out this weekend. Maybe it was because of my father-in-law, a proud, passed veteran of the Cold War.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Nov 2013 12:35 #10 by ComputerBreath
Replied by ComputerBreath on topic VETERANS DAY WEEKEND
Thanks NavyCPO for your words of gratitude.

I tell people that the 20 years I spent in the Air Force were not a chore...they were easy and I stayed because it was a steady paycheck, my kids were covered medically/dentally, and for the travel. While all of the previous was true, I now realize I got far more than those items out of my service.

I do not believe it is arrogant to tell someone "you are welcome" when they thank me.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds