Opening Day - Tree Season

29 Nov 2013 11:13 #1 by pacamom
Seems like a slow start. Between Windy Point and Pine Junction - only saw about 10 successful kills. None on backwards and I was able to turn left!

If you have to go down the hill for anything - careful - lots of cops and I'm sure more 'hunters' will be out later since it is such a beautiful day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Nov 2013 11:18 #2 by Beeks
Replied by Beeks on topic Opening Day - Tree Season
:smackshead: Not the backward/forward thing again.......

29 Nov 2013 16:13 #3 by Blazer Bob
Out earlier. My guesstimate is that one of five north bounds had a tree on top.

29 Nov 2013 16:21 #4 by otisptoadwater
Do they use a special kind of call, bait, or lure? I'm thinking of setting up a roadside stand to sell to the tree hunters, I have a couple of cases of dehydrated water and some DVD re-winders that I need to move before the season is over. Maybe I can re-purpose a couple of spools of mason's twine into custom hand crafted tree harnesses? Make different lengths so when a customer comes to buy them I can ask the for year, make, and model of their vehicle (because I'd be that specific about how long I cut a piece of mason's twine). Gin up an instruction manual for the custom tree harnesses too with care and storage instructions. I'm gonna be rich I tell ya!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

29 Nov 2013 16:44 #5 by Mtn Gramma
We were southbound around 2:30 and counted over 100 kills between the hogback and Burland.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds