Trash transfer station fees?

11 Dec 2013 19:49 #1 by Local_Historian
Do you know what the fees are for trash drop off at the Mountain View transfer station in Pine Junction?

Is it by the bag, by the load, does anyone know?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Dec 2013 19:59 #2 by Morningstar1954
$3 per Black Contractor Bag (each)

but if you call PMB Waste Solutions...just Google It is only $20/month curb
or $24 on property pickup normal residential trash

It's more convenient to have it picked up! He charges more for construction trash.

11 Dec 2013 20:42 #3 by pacamom
Mountain View has different prices for different loads.
$3/bag as morningstar said.
$20 for small pickup
$30 or $40 for bigger pickups
carpet is by the yard as is slash
furniture has a price also.

The have a sign on the small shed with all the prices, but be careful - the sign says TVs are $20 but they do not accept TVs.

11 Dec 2013 21:16 #4 by ComputerBreath
$3 per the smaller bag (20 or 25 gallon) and $5 for 33 gallon bags is what I've been told. But I use 33 gallon bags for my trash and always pay $3 a bag.

In Fairplay, it all depends on who's working and how much change they have on hand.

12 Dec 2013 13:53 #5 by Mtn Gramma
We take 1 33gal bag a week to the transfer station for $3.

Why would I want to pay $240-$288 a year instead of $156 when I drive right by the transfer station at least once a week?

13 Dec 2013 15:08 #6 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Trash transfer station fees?

Mtn Gramma wrote: We take 1 33gal bag a week to the transfer station for $3.

Why would I want to pay $240-$288 a year instead of $156 when I drive right by the transfer station at least once a week?

Yeah and its fun driving around in your car with a weeks worth of stinking garbage in it

02 May 2018 16:37 #7 by cobehm
Replied by cobehm on topic Trash transfer station fees?
Is this open to the public that live in Conifer, Pine, etc. ?

02 May 2018 17:38 #8 by ScienceChic
It most certainly is cobehm!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 May 2018 10:26 #9 by hoopsnakeforge
I have an arrangement with an attractive female friend taking turns hauling eachother's trash/recycl. Not complaining, but they pretty much always charge her less than what they charge me for the same amount of stuff.

12 May 2018 10:35 #10 by ScienceChic
Hmm. That doesn't sound right to me, but if that's the case, I think I'd be asking your friend to go more often and pay her extra for her gas and time spent going on your behalf. :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds