Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science

12 Aug 2010 23:19 #1 by daisypusher

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Aug 2010 11:09 #2 by ScienceChic
Thanks dp! It's one of my favorite songs. I can't say that I've ever been around any deranged scientists, but definitely some disturbed ones (one guy creeped me out so much that I avoided him at all costs - he would get upset when the mice he was supposed to humanely euthanize wouldn't "fight back" as he put it - very sickening). There should be more science songs!

This one always makes me chuckle: cheesy and hilarious!
http://www.eppendorf.com/int/hawkpopup.php?contentid=13
It's called epMotion

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Aug 2010 14:08 #3 by daisypusher
:) She also needs the epMotion because her technique was atrocious.

14 Aug 2010 00:06 #4 by ScienceChic
Amen to that! Id' be rubbing my wrists too after pipeting a mere three wells with the way she was holding it! rofllol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Oct 2010 23:30 #5 by ScienceChic
A former labmate of mine posted this on FB and I just HAD to share!
[youtube:1d051fr4]
[/youtube:1d051fr4]
Most Beautiful Girl in the Lab

(filmed at UCSF - a walk down memory lane for me too!)

These comments had me rolling!
#datarockz
1 day ago

157,000+ people have, at this point, viewed your video. That is 4+ orders of magnitude greater than number of people who will view your dissertation.

#Scientiste
2 days ago

actual length of conical tube: apprx 4.52755906 inches.

#calypsonz
3 days ago

Today my labmate was labeling conical tubes "Certified junk enhancer" and handing them out to people who don't work in the lab.

27 Oct 2010 19:05 #6 by ScienceChic
Another fun one!
[youtube:3pg9niuf]
[/youtube:3pg9niuf]

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds