Prescribed Burns Today Cancelled Due to Calls

22 Jan 2014 16:32 #11 by MamaRama
Wouldn't one of the Landscaping/Nurseries in town take it if it was chipped?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jan 2014 11:36 #12 by homeagain
TRYING it again.....Wellington Lake slash burn....got a FYI call for today.

28 Jan 2014 12:36 #13 by ScienceChic
Is it windy up there? We just had a bit of snow, so that's probably why they're trying to take care of it now.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Jan 2014 13:17 #14 by homeagain
It appears to be a VERY GOOD day to try this again......letting posters KNOW that the calls
were beneficial and the outcome is what was wanted.....picking ANOTHER day that was more
appropriate...... :Whistle

28 Jan 2014 19:47 #15 by Venturer
Confused by your posts HA. Did they burn today? There wasn't any wind to speak of. I didn't see or smell any smoke. I did call the last time when it was terribly windy.

29 Jan 2014 07:15 #16 by homeagain

GreatGran wrote: Confused by your posts HA. Did they burn today? There wasn't any wind to speak of. I didn't see or smell any smoke. I did call the last time when it was terribly windy.

Sorry for the confusion.....from my understanding they DID burn yesterday (NO wind,lots of
snow cover) which was MORE appropriate conditions......I was pointing out that the PREVIOUS
slated burn date had been cancelled BECAUSE of all the concerned callers (GOOD JOB,GUYS)

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds