Prescribed Burns Today Cancelled Due to Calls

13 Jan 2014 15:54 #1 by ScienceChic
A message I received from one of the Kuehster Rd Homeowners group:

As of today after many calls from the LNFF Community they say they have canceled.

Just so you all know, the South Platte Ranger station is planning on conducting a 'controlled burn' today in the Wellington lake area. To share your complaints, please call 303-275-5610, their number. Several people have called Hickenlooper, 303-866-2471, and one has called Marshall Z. Other planned burns off of Green Mtn area as well.
National Weather Service High Wind Warning: http://tinyurl.com/nskgo5w

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jan 2014 16:23 #2 by mountaindollar
Can't believe anything was considered with this wind I am glad they got calls and complaints if area residents don't keep them in check who will?

13 Jan 2014 16:46 #3 by FOS
tempted to post......if I only had a brain for the south Platte Ranger Station.....

What do they say the definition of insanity is?

13 Jan 2014 18:17 #4 by Unpopular Poster
Replied by Unpopular Poster on topic Prescribed Burns Today Cancelled Due to Calls

frogger wrote:

Reading Blazer Bobs threads expecting something interesting, entertaining or informative?

14 Jan 2014 13:48 #5 by Mtn Gramma

Super Malta wrote:

frogger wrote:

Reading Blazer Bobs threads expecting something interesting, entertaining or informative?

You certainly have a hard-on for him. Is Lil Precious on vacation?

14 Jan 2014 17:17 #6 by Unpopular Poster
Replied by Unpopular Poster on topic Prescribed Burns Today Cancelled Due to Calls

Mtn Gramma wrote:

Super Malta wrote:

frogger wrote:

You certainly have a hard-on for him. Is Lil Precious on vacation?

lol

And you're funny too

14 Jan 2014 17:24 #7 by homeagain

ScienceChic wrote: A message I received from one of the Kuehster Rd Homeowners group:

As of today after many calls from the LNFF Community they say they have canceled.

Just so you all know, the South Platte Ranger station is planning on conducting a 'controlled burn' today in the Wellington lake area. To share your complaints, please call 303-275-5610, their number. Several people have called Hickenlooper, 303-866-2471, and one has called Marshall Z. Other planned burns off of Green Mtn area as well.
National Weather Service High Wind Warning: http://tinyurl.com/nskgo5w

I spoke to Alisha, the Fire Mgr. yesterday.....there is ALSO a burn slated for SHAWNEE....I
would highly encourage all to call the above number and get on their call list for "burn" activity.

22 Jan 2014 11:26 #8 by Venturer
Some of those slash piles have been hanging around in Shawnee for too long. I would consider calling if they are burning on a windy day. Otherwise I prefer to see those piles gone.

22 Jan 2014 12:06 #9 by deltamrey
Instead of fire trucks +......invest in chippers........a lot of them if you please.

22 Jan 2014 14:57 #10 by Venturer
Chippers would be great instead of choking the community with smoke. But what do you do with the end product? The CO forest service left the masticated stuff which only added fuel to the Lower North Fork Fire.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds