Conifer Recreation Coalition Survey Results; Workshop #2

12 Feb 2014 08:16 #1 by ScienceChic
Tookie Nemchack will likely be presenting these results at tonight's Conifer Town Hall Meeting, if you're interested in hearing them firsthand and asking questions afterwards please come! It's at West Jeff Middle School at 7pm.

Conifer rec group airs survey results
By Josie Klemaier, YourHub Reporter
Posted: 02/11/2014

The Conifer Recreation Coalition combined its survey results — Nemchak said 177 people completed it — with those of a Jefferson County Open Space survey and a Conifer Area Council survey conducted earlier in the year.

In her presentation, Nemchak noted that survey takers named mountain biking at Staunton State Park, sledding at Meyer Ranch Park, fishing at Pine Valley Ranch Park and disc golfing at Beaver Ranch Park as favorite existing opportunities, among others.

Amenities they would like to see include a swimming pool, a recreation center and gym, ball courts, an event space and better maintenance of existing infrastructure. They also said they want to bring more sledding, playgrounds, snowshoe trails, an ice-skating and hockey rink and zip-lining to the area.

The next Conifer Project PLACE workshop will be at 7 p.m. March 12 at West Jefferson Middle School, 9449 S. Barnes Ave., Conifer, and will be a continuation of outreach, collecting ideas and drafting the master plan that Nemchak hopes will be completed by June.

Read more: Conifer rec group airs survey results - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/golden/ci_251 ... z2t7Yt6bQr
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Conifer Rec Area Master Plan - Request for Proposals Thread on MMT
Conifer Recreation Coalition Workshop #1 MMT Thread

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Feb 2014 15:55 #2 by homeagain
Is this the SAME group that has ATTEMPTED this fiasco several other times(over the past several
years)?? The SAME group that wanted to do a mill levy to pay for this rec center.....IF it is
not, than I apologize....IF it is.....YOU NEED TO PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO HOW THIS
WILL PAYED FOR....(lots of buried details, and when asked alot of BS came to light).....IF this
is the same group

12 Feb 2014 17:06 #3 by ScienceChic
No, it is not, as explained in the earlier threads I linked to at the bottom. This group is looking to develop a master plan so that they can present it for grant requests from the county and state in order to promote what's already in existence, or build new if requested by the community at large. No taxes have ever been discussed with this group.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Feb 2014 17:58 #4 by homeagain
THANKS SC.....I didn't read all the links, just glanced......

12 Feb 2014 18:35 #5 by Blondie

homeagain wrote: THANKS SC.....I didn't read all the links, just glanced......

YOU are telling US to pay attention? PAY ATTEntion JMO
Links were provided for your perusal
JMO

12 Feb 2014 18:58 #6 by homeagain
BLONDIE....thanks for your input. :RollEyes:

12 Feb 2014 19:54 #7 by Blondie

homeagain wrote: BLONDIE....thanks for your input. :RollEyes:

Well, you are welcome. JMO

13 Feb 2014 09:22 #8 by Grady

ScienceChic wrote: No, it is not, as explained in the earlier threads I linked to at the bottom. This group is looking to develop a master plan so that they can present it for grant requests from the county and state in order to promote what's already in existence, or build new if requested by the community at large. No taxes have ever been discussed with this group.

Not yet anyway. Didn't they mention ball courts and a swimming pool in the study? Same crap with a different coat of paint.

13 Feb 2014 10:01 #9 by tookie
Sorry Grady, I beg to differ. Its certainly not the same crap.

I invite you to take a look at the links and educate yourself on what this is really about, I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

Last night, we (CRC) shared what the community said THEY wanted to see when THEY responded to our survey. Project PLACE is not pushing for anything to be built, a rec district or any taxable entity. Let me make that abundantly clear. We are preparing a master plan to give teeth to those who want to find funds for their own projects, whether they be businesses, organizations or individuals. It is not in our scope to build anything.

I also invite you to also attend our 2nd Project PLACE community outreach meeting on March 12th at West Jeff Middle School at 7:00. Come see for yourself. And, please come introduce yourself to me, I will be looking forward to meeting you.

Tookie
http://conifercoalition.org/#sample-page
https://www.facebook.com/coniferrec

Tookie
[url=http://www.mountainpeace.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.mountainpeace.org[/url]

13 Feb 2014 11:11 #10 by ScienceChic
Thank you Tookie, that's what I was going to say - these are the results of the community survey and it's what the community said they wanted. I'm going to do my best to be at the next Workshop.

Grady, you might be interested in attending the Rezoning Community Meeting happening tonight, as I believe it's in the Journey Church's plans to build a rec center and they are supposed to present their plans for why they want to have it rezoned. If they do, then it's taken care of. Unfortunately, I have to attend the Elk Creek Fire BOD meeting tonight so I will be unable to go to the rezoning meeting. If anyone does, an update would be greatly appreciated!

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds