Bacon-Scented Alarm App - It Sizzles and It Smells Good!

06 Mar 2014 13:38 #1 by ScienceChic
This news was too good to add to our Bacon Thread in the Ring ! Oscar Meyer has created an app for the iPhone that is a bacon alarm clock. When the alarm sounds, you not only wake to the sound of bacon sizzling in a skillet, but they've created a device that plugs into your phone that releases the scent of bacon into the air (refills available)!
:droolpuddle:
Bacon-Scented Alarm App Gives iPhones a Meaty Overhaul
By Karissa Bell
March 5, 2014
File Attachment:

Image: Wake Up and Smell the Bacon

Oscar Mayer is giving meat fans the chance to wake up to the sound — and smell — of bacon every morning.

The company's Wake Up and Smell the Bacon app and iPhone dongle, which unfortunately contains no actual bacon, is a complete bacon-themed overhaul of your iPhone's alarm.

The dongle plugs into the iPhone's headphone jack and, when paired with the accompanying iOS app, releases the smell of bacon as the alarm sounds.

Oscar Mayer is only making a limited number of devices, which won't be available for sale. Fans will have to apply for a shot at winning one of the dongles by taking a quiz on Oscar Mayer's website . The contest runs through April 4 and winners will receive their bacon-scented devices within six to eight weeks.

Apply here: http://www.wakeupandsmellthebacon.com/

[youtube:g70vasqh]
[/youtube:g70vasqh]

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Mar 2014 17:43 #2 by FredHayek
Worst idea ever! Wake up to the smell and noise of bacon and are then denied! Many I phones will be smashed against the wall.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Mar 2014 18:03 #3 by otisptoadwater
For folks who own dogs this could result in missing iPhones and digestive complications for their four legged furry friends.

[youtube:2owwnhlb]
[/youtube:2owwnhlb]

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

06 Mar 2014 20:10 #4 by archer
Gotta go with Fred on this one, nothing would make me angrier than walking up to the smell of bacon and there being no bacon. Homicidal only begins to describe it.

06 Mar 2014 23:29 #5 by MsMAM
My pet pig is not amused lol

13 Mar 2014 08:47 #6 by ScienceChic
The cameo by Kevin Bacon rocked! :ThumbsUp:

[youtube:37uv73ad]
[/youtube:37uv73ad]

5 Facts That Prove Bacon Is God's Greatest Creation
By Annie Colbert
March 12, 2014

Spoiler alert: This week's episode includes a brief, albeit amazing, cameo by film and television superstar Kevin Bacon. Six degrees that, fools.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 May 2014 16:04 #7 by ScienceChic

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds