Another reason this site is so amazing!!

25 May 2010 22:32 - 26 May 2010 09:45 #1 by The Viking
You know I was just looking over a few threads. Do you know how many posts would have been deleted on another site because they would have been deemed off topic? Also how many times would we have been warned or scolded like 3rd graders? And over half of these threads would have been locked by now because they wouldn't think we are adult enough to handle multiple conversations at the same time, or that the 'Conversation had run it's course'. (My personal favorite) (What does that even mean?) Sure conversations may get heated and sure we may go off topic, but do we need a nanny to tell us how we should communicate? No and this site is great for just letting us 'be'. And isn't it remarkable that even if we stray off topic we can still come back to and continue the conversation? Adults don't actually have to be told what to say, and how to say it by people who feel the need to control others just to validate their position. This site is great!!!

One recommendation to a few out there. I noticed people jumping in and getting heated and calling names by the Campfire and a few other rooms that should be for more light hearted conversations. Maybe if you want to blow off steam you should start more conversations in 'The Ring'. That is what they made that room for. Let others enjoy conversations about TV shows without people telling them that they are stupid. Just my opinion.

But again, thank you so much for this site!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 May 2010 03:10 #2 by Rockdoc
Good point Viking. If you have a pointed opinion and are itching to get into it, duke it out in the ring. I know writing styles as well as speaking styles differ and it hard to not get defensive with some people because the first thin you hear is " You said or did...." With practice you can say the same thing with an ā€œIā€ statement "I believe you said or did..." The difference is amazing. The first is confrontational, the second conciliatory. Iā€™d suggest we bear things like that in mind on this forum. Who knows, it may even help you in a relationship.

But, back to this site being amazing. The family atmosphere, the pulling together, and receptiveness to ideas is awesome.

26 May 2010 05:31 #3 by The Dude
Couldn't have said it better myself!

26 May 2010 09:35 #4 by ScienceChic
:bravo: :nice

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.ā€ -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

26 May 2010 15:24 #5 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Another reason this site is so amazing!!
..What they do at PC is disgusting so maybe patting ourselves on the back for not being disgusting is a bit much..But I agree. A thread is like a river, it's gonna go wherever it wants so there is no sense in trying to control it.

26 May 2010 15:26 #6 by Residenttroll returns
When's our first breakfast?

26 May 2010 15:27 #7 by JMC
Whenever you organize it!

26 May 2010 15:31 #8 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Another reason this site is so amazing!!
Like I always say----'Don't ever grade yourself on a curve'

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds