New to this site

08 Apr 2014 11:45 #1 by springindesign
Hi everyone!

I just joined the forum and glad to be here. I am new to Colorado and Bailey - 9 weeks! ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2014 12:30 #2 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic New to this site
Welcome!

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

08 Apr 2014 19:00 #3 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic New to this site
Welcome to Bailey! Enjoy the mountains and fresh air! And way less traffic hassles than I-70

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

08 Apr 2014 19:15 #4 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic New to this site
Welcome! It's always good to know more people are joining this site. I hope you're finding your way around and enjoying all of the local features.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

09 Apr 2014 09:14 - 20 Feb 2018 23:17 #5 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic New to this site
Welcome to the mountains springindesign, Bailey is a great place to be! I moved here 13 years ago from Ohio via California and the only other place I like nearly as much is Hawaii (I'm a sun-bunny). :)

Some of our long-time residents started a thread a long while back listing the 3 Things I Wish They Had Told Me About Living in the Mountains with some good insights. For me, it's not the mountain lions and bears to worry about, it's the wildfires. Make sure wherever you live that you keep your property mitigated and pay close attention to weather forecasts. I was caught completely unaware by the blizzard of 2003 (6'+ in ~24 hours trapped me in my house alone for a week while 7 months pregnant. I had plenty of food, and the power never went out, but I went stir-crazy nontheless. :tongue: When my husband got back home from his business trip, he bought a snowblower on his way home, spent 7 hours making a path to the house from the road, and I promptly left for a walk. LOL

Almost everything else you could need is up here! We've got restaurants , outdoor activities galore and shopping - tons of homemade, artisan, and boutique,

Some useful info:
[url=https://mymountaintown.com/forum/148-285-corridor-dining/126932-285-corridor-restaurants-master-list[/b][/u][/url] (2 updates: The Ranch Grill and Gypsy Diner have since closed)
Our Community Calendar so you can find out what's happening around town!
Our Scanner & Emergency Info, Weather Forecasts Forum - Subscribe to the forum to receive email updates when something new has been posted.
Our Business Directory! - we highly encourage Shopping Locally!
Our Facebook Page - another good way to get info
Our Twitter Account - definitely useful during emergencies and we've built a specific Hwy 285 Corridor List on there too of accounts pertaining to our area. Subscribing to it is a quick way to keep up with info from area businesses, nonprofits, and individuals.
Our YouTube Channel - area events, meetings, businesses/nonprofits that have been voted Best Of, etc - a great way to get to know your community!

I'm a mom of two, have one dog and one cat both rescues, former scientist (hence the ScienceChic nic), sci-fi/fantasy lover, geek, and I occasionally partake of wine :wink: . We've got great members here - ask them anything! they know where to fish, hike, eat and more, strong participation by our local businesses and nonprofits so you can connect with them here, and lots to do and see in our beautiful mountains. I hope we'll see you around!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds