Website Outage Update

17 Apr 2014 12:08 #1 by MyMountainTown
Hello Everyone!

First we would like to extend our deepest apologies for the day-long outage we just experienced and say a huge thank you for your patience and understanding!

Our hosting company, Host Gator claimed that a "bug in firmware utilized in our vendor’s hardware" caused the network issues, "which impacted some of our customers." There were about 10 million websites that were knocked out yesterday, ours of course being one of them. We, unfortunately, were one of the last to come back up, and have been warned that we may experience some fluctuations in service over the coming days. http://forums.hostgator.com/network-out ... 16804.html

We are in the process of identifying a new hosting company to switch to, one which has a better track record of up-time, reliability, customer service, and the infrastructure that we require. With the thousands of people that were affected yesterday, there likely will be a queue that has formed of other unhappy customers moving while new companies build needed hardware, but we anticipate making this happen within the next month. When we migrate we will have to go offline but we'll let you know ahead of time when all that comes about.

Thank you again for your patience, we truly appreciate it! Don't forget that when the website isn't accessible, you can still keep in touch with what's going on through our:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MyMountainTown
Twitter account, @MyMountainTown: https://twitter.com/MyMountainTown
by calling: 720-608-0285
or emailing: . .

Wishing you all a lovely day!
My Mountain Town Staff

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Apr 2014 12:13 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Website Outage Update
I feel your pain, one of our company websites is currently down today. Strangely, the other one is doing fine.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Apr 2014 13:45 #3 by netdude
Replied by netdude on topic Website Outage Update
I designed and maintain our infrastructure that servers all of external websites and if we had even a 30 minute outage I probably would be looking for another job..... almost a day is unfathomable for a company that supposedly does this to make money.

17 Apr 2014 13:51 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Website Outage Update
www.healthcare.gov ?
Oh wait, they aren't supposed to make a profit. :tongue:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Apr 2014 14:40 #5 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Website Outage Update

netdude wrote: I designed and maintain our infrastructure that servers all of external websites and if we had even a 30 minute outage I probably would be looking for another job..... almost a day is unfathomable for a company that supposedly does this to make money.

TOTALLY AGREE.....outages of this magnitude.....heads should roll and a REBATE/adjustment
to your bill......NO worries...we are here, up or down or intermittent.....(I'm just happy MY
computer,which is ancient in today's mindset, is STILL plodding along.)

18 Apr 2014 09:06 #6 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Website Outage Update

netdude wrote: I designed and maintain our infrastructure that servers all of external websites and if we had even a 30 minute outage I probably would be looking for another job..... almost a day is unfathomable for a company that supposedly does this to make money.

Agreed there is no excuse for an outage lasting that long.

18 Apr 2014 09:53 #7 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Website Outage Update
"......a "bug in firmware utilized in our vendor’s hardware" caused the network issues, "which impacted some of our ...."

Are u sure it was a bug and not a glitch? :rofllol

I told ya all those IT geeks are pinheads! :)

And probably nobody updates the firmware on their printers, routers, etc.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds