Jim Ciccarelli, thank you for everything!

22 Apr 2014 18:12 #11 by mountaindollar
Thanks Jim!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Apr 2014 12:12 #12 by ScienceChic
You know what I like best about him? The way he can make you feel special and appreciated even when he's calling you an idiot. :LMAO: That's a unique talent right there. :biggrin:

I have to clear something up though. He's not the only one who has supported me through this journey, and I don't mean only since last July - I mean the entire journey, which is why I specifically stated 'since I owned this business' in my first post. And by 'support' I don't mean by giving me money (I wish! :biggrin: He's given generously to others, but not I; I've made my own way.) or telling me what to do (as if he could help himself :wink: ) - because I, and I alone, choose the path for this business - he has become a great friend and mentor because of his intelligence, his wisdom, his generosity caring for animals and others (someday I might tell y'all how our first 285 Barnraisers project came about, his part in it is so touching and heartwarming), and his sense of humor. There are many kinds of support I and this site have received and it's come from so many that I would likely fail in trying to name them all, but I'm going to try.

First and foremost is my wonderful family, for understanding why so much of my time is tied here/away from home and not with them, and for letting me tap deeply into our reserves of cash to fight to make this dream that I believe in 100% grow and thrive. My DH and kids have tolerated me dragging them to countless meetings and events, they've helped set up booths, they've offered suggestions, and let me be when they knew I needed to work while making it known, lovingly, that they deserve time too. I couldn't ask for more and am so grateful.

Secondly, if it weren't for our wonderful, amazing, loyal, supportive local business and nonprofit advertisers who've joined and continued with this site, some since the beginning, also believing in the mission and vision of it, we wouldn't still be here. Every single bit of money that this site has made has come from our local businesses, and it's because of them and their support that we've been able to turn around and put that back into the community: sponsoring events, donating to nonprofits, and volunteering tons of time.

Finally, our fantastic members! You make this site, and that's no exaggeration. The content you post helps build our search engine rankings, the local information - what's going on around here, gorgeous pictures (more, more! :) ), breaking news, where to hike/fish, places to eat, etc make this place worth coming to - for visitors and residents alike! Some of you have gone above and beyond,
-volunteering time cleaning up the stretch of highway for which we were responsible for a time (Dimplszzzz, Grady, freebird, pineinthegrass, Extreme Moderate, TPP, pacamom, and MsMAM),
-helping out on 285 Barnraisers projects (bootlegger is da man!, BlazerBob, pineinthegrass, and so many others),
-helping install webcams (pineinthegrass, Extreme Moderate),
-offering donations for fundraisers (BlazerBob, Rockdoc, SunshineGirl, Mountain Dollar),
-paying for your own forums (MsMAM/pacamom & Blazer Bob),
-donating prizes directly to other members for contests (Argyle, fly off the handle, Becky),
-hosting picnics (Becky),
-getting videos (Becky, MLB24),
-listening to scanners and posting emergency info and weather/road updates (Renegade, jf1acai, Becky, chocolove, pinedust, ShilohLady, Reverend Revelant, MsMAM, Conservative Voice, LOL, Photo-fish, happycamper, and many many others),
-staffing booths at events (TPP, pacamom, freebird, MsMAM, BlazerBob, MellowYellow, Grady, SVC Technologies, LocalHistorian, Dimplszzzz, JOYman, HouseCallHearing, Denise in Pine, and more!),
-and anyone who has ever bought a t-shirt or a bottle of wine has helped support us.
If there's anything or anyone I've forgotten, please add it so you can be recognized, it means so much!

This site couldn't ask for a better group of people to be part of it, we are truly blessed. Though we don't all see eye to eye, we've had vastly different experiences in life, we are bound by our love for our home, our community, we come together in times of need, and it makes me so proud to be a part of it. Thank you everyone!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Apr 2014 14:45 #13 by Ashley
First let me say that I applaud your efforts to do something for the community.

So out of curiosity how long have you been in business and how many actual regular posters do you have? I get that some sign up and a lot leave. Do you look at your percentages over time? Have you improved significantly since you started? I don't know, just asking.

Another question, did the above person Jim C.... you are thanking improve the number of people who come to your site or was he more the technical guy? Not sure what his role might have been.

28 Apr 2014 11:05 #14 by Sunshine Girl
Great post SC and we all love you Jim! Hopefully Rockdoc and I will get to see you again sooner than later. Thank you for all you do and just for being you. :clap: :BeerSalute :woo hoo: :biggrin: :HappyWave: :HighFive: :ThumbsUp: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: :Sunshine: haha

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

19 Sep 2015 17:40 #15 by ScienceChic
I had an epiphany this past week; something I ought to have realized much earlier had I been able to see past some bulls*** that's tangled up in this simple issue of thanking you for all that you've done JMC. And that is this: I am grateful that you have never given me a single dime, though I have jokingly, and sometimes seriously, asked knowing how badly you want this business to succeed. You instead forced me to make my own way.

To forge my own path.

To create my own success.

In so doing, you taught me the greatest lesson I needed in owning this risky role of "entrepreneur": that I could do it myself, and do it f***ing well (though I've also learned that no one can do it all themselves and truly reach their potential, and this business has exciting new places to go!).

As I look back over the history of this site and our advertisers, and compare it to the competition, I am f***ing proud as hell that we have continued to grow and add more solely through hard work, building strong relationships in the community, providing good service, treating others professionally, and caring about the results for our fellow businesses and for our community. That we have given back so much in time and money to this community, and continued to invest in and grow this business, all from the profits earned from those businesses and nonprofits whom we've served who continue to support My Mountain Town because they believe in the benefits this site brings them.

The greatest gift you've given me is your friendship, and your wisdom. For that, I am in your debt. Thank you.

It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. ~THEODORE ROOSEVELT, speech at the Lincoln Club Dinner, New York City, Feb. 13, 1899

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds