GOVERNOR TO VISIT ELK CREEK FIRE TO SIGN BILL 14-16

10 May 2014 20:58 #1 by ElkCreekFireDepartment
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Michael Davis, PIO

GOVERNOR TO VISIT ELK CREEK FIRE TO SIGN BILL 14-16

On Thursday, May 15, 2014, Elk Creek Fire Department in Conifer, Colorado will be hosting Gov. John Hickenlooper and members of the Colorado Legislature as Gov. Hickenlooper signs Senate Bill 14-16, a grant program to increase local firefighter safety. The event will begin at 1:30 pm at Elk Creek Station 1, 11993 Blackfoot Road, Conifer, CO 80433.

Bill 14-16 sets aside $3.25 million dollars each year from mineral leasing funds to provide direct grants to Colorado Fire Departments for personal protective equipment (PPE), equipment and training to increase firefighter safety.

Elk Creek Fire Department was chosen to host this event in part as recognition for being a model combination department, representing both career and volunteer firefighters.

The event will be approximately 30 minutes followed by a photo opportunity.

In case of emergency, please dial 911.
elkcreekfpd.colorado.gov/
Facebook Page
Twitter
Instagram
303-816-9385 (Office Hours M-F 8:00-4:30)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 May 2014 17:53 #2 by ScienceChic
[youtube:3uf46aic]
[/youtube:3uf46aic]
Had technical issues happen when Mike Rogers came up to speak so lost about a minute and a half of his speech, but otherwise this is it! The bill summary below is from Senator Jeanne Nicholson's last news update. Here is the link to the full bill: http://statebillinfo.com/bills/bills/14/046_01.pdf

On Thursday May 15, 2014 Governor John Hickenlooper signed the Firefighter Safety Grant Bill at Elk Creek Fire Department with sponsor Senator Jeanne Nicholson, Director of CO Department of Fire Prevention and Control Paul Cooke, Director of Colorado State Chiefs Garry Briese, President of the Colorado Professional Firefighters (and Elk Creek Board President) Mike Rogers. The outstanding Firefighters of Elk Creek Fire Department were on hand to witness.

SB 046 - Local Firefighter Safety Grant Program - Senate Sponsor Senator Nicholson, House Sponsor Representative Exum

Summary: Provides firefighters with proper bunker gear, equipment, and training to protect them from unnecessary exposure to fire, smoke, and other carcinogens to reduce their risk of several kinds of cancer.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 May 2014 06:35 #3 by Reverend Revelant
And a the full story can be found in this weeks issue of The Flume on Friday 5-23. I have no idea if the story will be part of this weeks free content, but The Flume can be picked up at many different pay box locations up and down the 285 corridor.

SciChic always scoops me. She has a website.

Hey SciChic... didn't you take a picture of me?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

20 May 2014 08:28 #4 by ScienceChic
:tongue: Hey, I gave you 4 days, I can't help it if you're slow. LOL

No, I didn't get a picture of you, but your laugh is pretty distinctive on the video. :wink:

You gonna be at the Park Co debates tonight, or is someone else covering that?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 May 2014 09:16 #5 by Reverend Revelant
Not me. I don't know if or who is covering it. I have 4 stories to finish by next Monday.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds