Summer's UNofficial start-up...

23 May 2014 10:25 #11 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Summer's UNofficial start-up...
I will go to Fort Logan this weekend to honor my godsons sacrifice and have just returned from visiting my son who served his country admirably and now as I stand before LCPL Slocum's grave......I will ponder your posts here.
I am thankful that your point of view is the minority as to the term "killing machine"
It gives a little insight to the guilt these soldiers feel when they read such things.
JMO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 May 2014 10:26 #12 by FredHayek
I have to disagree, humans are born killers & carnivores.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 May 2014 10:56 #13 by homeagain
Fred I believe you need to do MORE research, physiologists have disputed your statement (not that humans are meat eaters)...IN FACT, they have stated
that it is an Unscientific fact that humans are innately aggressive (killers), that the circumstances
or environment of the human dictates behavior......PSYCHOLOGY TODAY did a pretty comprehensive article on this issue.

23 May 2014 11:56 #14 by pacamom

homeagain wrote:

pacamom wrote: 4 day weekend for me!.

Shearing alpacas and driving as fast as I possibly can.

Hey Paca....what do you do with the "left over" shearings (small bit and pieces)....one of my
friends gave me a "bird ball".....it's nesting material made from Alpaca hair and formed into a ball
so they can pull it out and build nests.....pretty cool idea!

I throw them away. After collecting fiber for 18 years, you learn to let go.

23 May 2014 14:31 #15 by Mtn Gramma
To refer to our soldiers as killing machines is outrageous. A machine has no heart, no conscience, no remorse, no regret. If our soldiers were killing machines there would be no PTSD.

23 May 2014 16:30 #16 by homeagain

Mtn Gramma wrote: To refer to our soldiers as killing machines is outrageous. A machine has no heart, no conscience, no remorse, no regret. If our soldiers were killing machines there would be no PTSD.

TAKE A MOMENT to think about the above statement......for a soldier to be EFFECTIVE, he ust
displace/distance/disassociate his actions( taking another human beings life)and he is EQUIRED
to do this to be a soldier on the battlefield (OR in a dark room operating a DRONE)....when his
services are no longer required he is brought back into "our" world.....THEN what occurs???
PTSD....POST Traumatic Stress Syndrome....the "post" being the FIRST word of this physical
ailment. Post=AFTER......the government creates a "killing machine" and STRIPS away humanity.

AFTERWARDS the human is left to deal with what he has done.....the government (as already
PROVEN) is woefully lacking in assisting these families/soldiers/men/women and bringing them
back to WHOLE, both mentally and physically.....they are "dumped" and left to do it on their
own.....JMO....... :Patriot: :Patriot: :Patriot: TO ALL WHO HAVE SERVED....THANK YOU

25 May 2014 09:33 #17 by Ashley
Honoring our military, a visit to the Fort Logan Cemetery and attending the parade in Denver. A reminder to our children as to what Memorial Day is about, not shopping or fishing or camping.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds