4th of July Traffic

03 Jul 2014 19:21 #11 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic 4th of July Traffic

ScienceChic wrote: IMHS:

Barb Klein posted on our Facebook page that it's crawling before King Soopers even.

Anyone else find any irony in the picture with the liquor store in the background? If I was sitting in that kind of traffic I might decide to pull over, go buy a six pack and watch the RV, camper, and boat show for a couple of hours. :lol:

I'm bunkered in at the Cave, made my COSTCO run and other stops earlier today. I don't plan to venture off of my own property until Monday morning. The little brother is out of town on a well deserved vacation with his family so there won't be the traditional 4th of July party this year in Littleton. Maybe I'll ask the Wundermutt if he wants to sleep out under the stars tomorrow night on the deck, we could have a pretend camping trip that way!

My best wishes to all of my fellow MMT bloggers for a happy 4th of July celebration. Eat, drink, and be merry! :barbeque: :beach: :campeurs: :flag:

Lastly, be safe! Remember, if you hear the bang... It's too late to throw it.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jul 2014 20:01 #12 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic 4th of July Traffic
I did stop at Liks. Ummmm to the Sleepless and Lemon Chocolate Chip for my wife.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

03 Jul 2014 22:09 #13 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic 4th of July Traffic
10 PM. Dark and wet. And they are still coming.

Enjoy setting up the tents, if you can find a camp site. ;)

Or maybe find the nearest Motel 6.

But I appreciate the effort.

03 Jul 2014 22:22 #14 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic 4th of July Traffic
It's finally cleared out in Conifer and at Richmond Hill, I can't believe it's still this backed up at Pine Junction this late. Yowsuh!

What was amazing to me checking in on the webcams today was that there didn't seem to ever be a backup in downtown Bailey at all - it was all between Windy Point and Pine Junction. Were most people turning off to head to Pine, and the rest just dealing with the last merge before Bailey?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Jul 2014 08:00 - 04 Jul 2014 08:04 #15 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic 4th of July Traffic
I think the heavy traffic may also be due to the 3 day stoner festival out in Fairplay.
southparkfest.com/
Park CO sheriff is gonna be busy this weekend. Stay off the roads!

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

04 Jul 2014 08:17 #16 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic 4th of July Traffic

ScienceChic wrote: It's finally cleared out in Conifer and at Richmond Hill, I can't believe it's still this backed up at Pine Junction this late. Yowsuh!

What was amazing to me checking in on the webcams today was that there didn't seem to ever be a backup in downtown Bailey at all - it was all between Windy Point and Pine Junction. Were most people turning off to head to Pine, and the rest just dealing with the last merge before Bailey?

It was backed up again in grant

04 Jul 2014 12:07 #17 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic 4th of July Traffic

Photo-fish wrote: I think the heavy traffic may also be due to the 3 day stoner festival out in Fairplay.
southparkfest.com/

If they were stoners then wouldn't they all of stopped for some ice cream?

05 Jul 2014 07:34 #18 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic 4th of July Traffic

pineinthegrass wrote:

Photo-fish wrote: I think the heavy traffic may also be due to the 3 day stoner festival out in Fairplay.
southparkfest.com/

If they were stoners then wouldn't they all of stopped for some ice cream?

So, I gotta figure they WILL stop on the way back home......NOW the big question is....will the traffic
(learning from experience) decide to STAGGER their return trip??....or will we see a repeat of the "riot
ride" into the city?

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds