I love Costco

27 Jul 2014 18:05 #1 by mountaindollar
I love Costco was created by mountaindollar
We just made our every two month trip down to Costco to stock up on stuff like cheese, paper products, meat, etc.

For those who have not been there in awhile I wanted to mention that they had a lot of organic veggies and gluten free stuff coming out the doors way more than I have ever seen before.

They had a large container of organic spinach for $3.99 probably way more than I can eat but bought it will feed my worms if I don't eat.

They have a variety of all the grain stuff I do not eat quinoa (never had any that taste good) hummus well same goes, to me it taste like a tree (not that I have eaten many trees).

So if you have a membership and you want those types of foods you may want to make the trip. I stopped by Kings to pick up a prescription and I noticed the price for the organic spinach there was through the roof, just a small amount was going to run more than what I paid.

Yes, I am going to add that bad bacon to my organic spinach but what can I say.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jul 2014 18:54 #2 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic I love Costco
I endorse your opinion! I love COSTCO too. The prices can't be beat and the quality is mostly better than the other stores (I have had a couple of bad purchases of fresh foods BUT COSTCO took them back and refunded the purchase price with no fuss). I only have to feed me and the Wundermutt but I have found that if you can freeze the foods what you want to buy you'll have a very hard time beating COSTCO's prices.

COSTCO also has good prices and the best return policies on electronics, appliances, clothes, car batteries, and tires too. The only caution I would add is that if you're going to hang out in the tire shop be careful not to breath too much tire air, you might get tired and pass out (or if you're old like me, when you stop moving chances are good you'll take a nap any place and any time you can).

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

27 Jul 2014 21:38 #3 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic I love Costco

otisptoadwater wrote: The only caution I would add is that if you're going to hang out in the tire shop be careful not to breath too much tire air, you might get tired and pass out (or if you're old like me, when you stop moving chances are good you'll take a nap any place and any time you can).

Um, isn't that why you're at the tire shop -- to get tired?

27 Jul 2014 22:29 #4 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic I love Costco
Costco rocks!

Seriously, I don't think I'd move to a place that didn't have a Costco nearby. B)

They have great prices for food, clothes (not that you can try them all on), and light bulbs, and I'm sure other stuff too. But they aren't always the cheapest. The electronics prices don't usually match what you can find online, but it's much more convenient to buy there and they back their products up!

They don't have a great selection of items, and not the best service while in store. But their return policy can't be beat.

It is a great place to get some free "horderves" before lunch. And who can beat a 1/4 lb kosher hot dog (is it still kosher?) with a soda for $1.50 (Coney Island would probably charge $8, but just guessing)?

And I don't care about the politics of the owner anymore than I do about Walmart. I'm glad that Costco can pay more, but I think it's a different business model. If you want to compare them, then compare them to Sam's Club. I've only been to Sam's a few times and it's similar (a copy), but from all I've read Costco still beats them as well.

28 Jul 2014 08:27 #5 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic I love Costco
Their paper products are not always a good buy. But since I am in the store anyway, I usually stock up. The dog and cat food is the best. Always ranks high on those dog food nutritional tests. They get some indestructible dog toys in stock too. Kirkland brand ranks high in several areas. 9news just did a story on them a couple weeks ago.

My problem is the Costco is 5 minutes from where I work.

28 Jul 2014 08:37 #6 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic I love Costco
TLC or the Discovery channel ran "The Costco Story".....an inside look at the management of this massive
marketing giant. It was extremely interesting to understand the quality control/marketing selection and
general operations.Impressed with how well the company UNDERSTANDS the consumer and strives
to CONTINUE providing GOOD quality service,goods even tho the founding partner has stepped down from
operations.(his attention to detail/treating the employees with respect was his TOP priority.
Companies just climb the proverbial wall to get THEIR products approved by Costco because they
KNOW that it's that lucrative a contract. COSTCO CONSUMER because I know they truly trend the user...
lots of NON meat options are now available,which is a WONDERFUL thing. LOVE COSTCO.

Where else can you get a stuffed SIX FOOT MOOSE for under $60.00 (with hooves as big as watermelons)
Millie
the Moose overflows the rocking chairs she sits in...(should have seen my DH dragging her upstairs)

28 Jul 2014 18:07 #7 by pacamom
It's always an adventure when I stop by Costco.
Today was Rosemary olive oil bread, precooked artichokes (with sriracha aioli dipping sauce - I just had to try them), lamb loin chops, a rotisserie chicken, and a triple set of dog toys. They get the best dog toys for about 1/3 price of places like Petsmart. I really only needed foil. lamb on the :barbeque: !

28 Jul 2014 19:17 #8 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic I love Costco
Yum, why didn't you invite any of us over? :P

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Jul 2014 19:28 #9 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic I love Costco
The lamb there is great!!!!

Was hoping to buy a 4h lamb at the Park County Fair but sadly there were only like two or three in the auction this year and the prices went higher than my budget could afford.

Paca, we made lamb chops with a honey garlic glaze that was on the Internet the other night and it was great!!!

Just search lamb chops honey garlic glaze the first three or four that come up are very similar so pick the one you want.

The honey I used was from Costco it was the organic honey and it was super yummy.

I also made honey butter for my toast this morning also yummy

28 Jul 2014 21:05 #10 by pacamom
I will try the honey garlic on the next go around. Sounds great.

I found this recipe that I think I will try tomorrow. Didn't have time tonight. Best part is I have fresh garlic, mint, basil, parsley and rosemary. Need to get pine nuts and parmesan tho.

Lamb loin chops with mint pesto
you make a rub with the ingredients up to the mint pesto
2 pounds lamb loin chops, about 8 to 10 chops, cut individually
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mint pesto
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup pine nuts
3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1 1/2 cups fresh mint leaves
3/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds