Wish me luck

28 Jul 2014 19:55 #1 by mountaindollar
Wish me luck was created by mountaindollar
Last Friday with the heavy rain in Evergreen we had a bit of the flood at Mountain Dollar water was coming in at the back of the store at the foundation.

Maintenance guy came on Saturday and of course had no idea why it came in so if we get the heavy rains they are predicting I will be a mopping fool if their fix was wrong.

Got to love being a business owner!!!

Last year during the rains we had no issue so not sure what is different this year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2014 20:13 #2 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Wish me luck
If you lease the retail space get in touch with the owner(s) and let them know about the flooding problem right away, they will want to protect the value and integrity of the property (or at least you'd think they would). If you own it then talk to your insurance agent. I couldn't hurt to have a walk around the outside of the building and check the roof and gutters too. If you're lucky the problem might be something as simple as a clogged storm drain or clogged downspouts.

Either way water damage just gets worse over time so that's not a problem you want to put on the back burner, an easy inexpensive fix now will only cost more as time goes by. You could be looking at cleaning the gutters and maybe channeling some new drainage now versus suffering damage to the foundation of the building and structural issues later.

I'm not a civil engineer, I don't play one on TV, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night but I have seen first hand what water damage can do to a building over time. I wish you the very best of luck in dealing with this situation but I think direct action is going to be a lot more effective than any wishes and prayers are going to bring you and your business.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

28 Jul 2014 20:44 #3 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Wish me luck
The owner knows so we are good there I am just hoping I do not have a repeat of last Friday my arms still hurt from the mopping.

29 Jul 2014 16:29 #4 by BuyersAgent
Replied by BuyersAgent on topic Wish me luck
I'm thinking of you today, hope you're staying dry!

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046

29 Jul 2014 16:55 #5 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Wish me luck
So far, the epic Noah-esque storm is a dud. We worked all morning repairing the driveway from the last flood and beefed up preventive measures and .... Nada. MD, just for you, though, I'm not washing my car.

29 Jul 2014 18:00 #6 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Wish me luck
Ok, I take it back. Started raining about 10 minutes ago, not a downpour but nice and steady. No rivers in the drive yet. If it keeps up like this, things should be ok. It will be interesting to see what the evening brings, since we were supposed to get this rain noonish. Don't know if it's not going to be as much as predicted, or if it was just delayed. Water wings at the ready, however.

29 Jul 2014 19:45 #7 by Ashley
Replied by Ashley on topic Wish me luck
We were expecting heavy rains and worked hard yesterday and this morning cleaning ditches and working on slope of driveway. Not complaining that we didn't get torrential rains but rain isn't done yet.

MG and MD here's hoping it is light rains if we have to have them and that the fixes hold.

29 Jul 2014 21:10 #8 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Wish me luck
I have been keeping an eye on the National Weather Service radar composite loop on an off all day wait to see some evidence that some big storms were headed our way. The radar loop had plenty of yellow and red on it but most of the cells were out east and south of Denver. Got a short shot of moderate rain this evening around 1845 but it didn't last.

I'm not doing any sort of special prayer or rain dance hoping for the downpour of the century but if the National Weather Service is going to make 80 and 90% predictions of heavy rain I'd like to at least see some rain in my area. Here's hoping for a few brief moderate storms over night into tomorrow and a high temp tomorrow that reminds all of us that Fall and Winter are just a few days away.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

29 Jul 2014 21:17 #9 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Wish me luck
While I was there no heavy rain so I was good not sure what happened after 6:00 will see when I go in tomorrow.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds