Caffeinated Underpants Won’t Make Your Butt Smaller

01 Oct 2014 11:22 #1 by Grady

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) issued an Enforcement Order this week: two brands must stop claiming caffeinated underwear will make your behind smoother and slimmer. What did they do to get the FTC’s knickers in such a twist?

“The FTC’s complaint … alleges the company deceptively advertised, marketed, and sold women’s undergarments infused with micro-encapsulated caffeine, retinol, and other ingredients… the company made claims that wearing its shapewear would eliminate or substantially reduce cellulite; reduce the wearer’s hip measurements by up to two inches and their thigh measurements by one inch; and reduce thigh and hip measurements “without any effort.”

It’s pretty understandable why some women would have wanted that to be true, but once again science and chemistry get in the way of a great fairy tale.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Oct 2014 11:25 #2 by Blazer Bob
I saw that. I wonder why the FTC chose them to sanction. Nostrum commercials are rampant.

01 Oct 2014 18:50 #3 by otisptoadwater
Talking about false advertising... I bought the whole series of P90X DVDs and I have watched all of them at least three times but I haven't lost a single pound!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds