If you could have anything you wanted...

Poll: What would it be?

World peace
No votes 0%
Other
6 66.7%
Unlimited free wine/beer
2 22.2%
A free massage every day
No votes 0%
All green lights
No votes 0%
Your own lane on the hwy
No votes 0%
Hugh Jackman
No votes 0%
Scarlet Johannsen
No votes 0%
Money
1 11.1%
Pets who dont ruin carpet
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 9
Only registered users can participate to this poll
04 Oct 2014 20:43 #1 by ScienceChic
A friend of mine posted a picture of a small campfire burning in front of a gorgeous sunset over a lake and asked "What more could you want?" Which made the smart-aleck in me post some replies. :biggrin: Then I got to wondering what y'all might answer, so here we are, trying out the poll feature. :P

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Oct 2014 08:26 #2 by Photo-fish

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

05 Oct 2014 08:39 #3 by Blondie
strange choices.

Since you are testing the poll function it would be nice to be able to see the results without having to participate in the poll.

05 Oct 2014 08:50 #4 by pacamom
I would not have voted if I had known it would show how I voted. Anyway that can be deleted?

05 Oct 2014 08:57 #5 by LOL
I voted for Beer, shhhhh don't tell anyone!

All green lights? Sound a bit dangerous.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

05 Oct 2014 10:50 - 05 Oct 2014 10:51 #6 by ScienceChic
The choices are just ones that came to mind for me, trying to have some fun with it. That's why I put other so you could add your own!

paca and Blondie, I haven't played with this feature yet so I didn't know that it wouldn't show results without participating, or that it would show you voted (at least it doesn't show your choice). I'm guessing there's no way to change that, but I'll look into it. It's good to know so I'm glad I tested it with a fun, lighthearted subject before we had something political put up! :ohmy:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Oct 2014 13:18 #7 by FredHayek
Money can probably get you most of those other things...

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Oct 2014 18:09 #8 by Blondie

ScienceChic wrote: paca and Blondie, I haven't played with this feature yet so I didn't know that it wouldn't show results without participating, or that it would show you voted (at least it doesn't show your choice). I'm guessing there's no way to change that, but I'll look into it. It's good to know so I'm glad I tested it with a fun, lighthearted subject before we had something political put up! :ohmy:

That is why we commented, sometimes what you see as an admin is different than a user, or a non- registered observer. It is a big picture kinda thing. You are doing well with your website, thank goodness it wasn't a life or death poll. :biggrin: I hate when the internet pronounces me "So stupid that survival is not an option"
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

05 Oct 2014 19:53 #9 by ScienceChic
LOL! I get that with nearly every poll I take too! :biggrin: (Although the last one told me that my 80's boyfriend would be Andrew from The Breakfast Club. Emilio Estevez was kinda cute, and not weird back then, so I was okay with that. Wish I'd'a gotten Ren from Footloose though...)

Thanks for the feedback, and compliment, it is very much appreciated! :)

06 Oct 2014 09:41 #10 by ComputerBreath
My "Other" is a vehicle that lasts for a long time and really only needs regular maintenance like Oil Changes & Lube's done. It is one of the things I've always wanted...

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds