Aerial Video of the Hi Meadow Fire burn area fourteen years later.

05 Oct 2014 18:21 - 05 Oct 2014 18:26 #1 by Devodrone
here's an aerial video from the Hi Meadow Fire burn area off of Cochise Trail. Fourteen years later and it's teeming with life.

I'm sorry for the excessive motion, it was windy and a bit challenging.

Thanks for looking.......
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Oct 2014 19:44 #2 by ScienceChic
That was wonderful - thank you so much for sharing!

Was this shot with a drone, do you know?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Devodrone

05 Oct 2014 20:00 #3 by Devodrone
Thank you. Yes, it was done with a drone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

06 Oct 2014 08:45 #4 by swansei
Thank you for the beautiful video. Encouraging to see how it has come back in time. Looks like lots of good forage for the wildlife.

What kind of drone? A friend is contemplating purchasing one for their property to view the wildlife.

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword...The other is by debt." John Adams 1826.

06 Oct 2014 10:08 #5 by Devodrone
Thank you . This was done with a DJI Phantom 2+. A small quad that runs about $1,100 with an integrated camera and stabilized 3D gimbal.

06 Oct 2014 11:27 #6 by swansei

Devodrone wrote: Thank you . This was done with a DJI Phantom 2+. A small quad that runs about $1,100 with an integrated camera and stabilized 3D gimbal.

Thank you Devodrone for the information. And here's the key I think the stabilized 3D gimbal. A friend made one but the shake in it is very obvious. Your video is superb. What kind of integrated camera? Thanks.

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword...The other is by debt." John Adams 1826.

06 Oct 2014 11:53 #7 by pacamom
The site below will give you all the information you need about the Phantom drones. They have a version where you can attach your own camera.

www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom

I love the drone videos. There have been some posted on FB recently of the fall colors. Such a different perspective

07 Oct 2014 09:14 #8 by swansei
Thanks pacamom, I did check out the site prior to posting. Just wondering if the camera was from the package or if it was replaced with another as a few have done.

Excellent video!

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds