Will-O-Wisp Neighbors and WOW Trick or Treaters. Got Candy?

25 Oct 2014 08:18 - 25 Oct 2014 08:19 #1 by deanteamtoo
Our WOW Trick or treaters and even other members of our great community have begged us for a way to show their appreciation for having a safe place to go on Halloween night and have insisted on donating candy to our WOW Neighborhood for Halloween Night. One of them had a great idea of having a place to donate candy for all of WOW Residents and we provided a tote. So I place a tote at the bottom of our driveway so people can just swing by and drop candy into the tote and then WOW Residents that want to have Trick or Treaters, can swing by and pick up bags of candy. I bring in the tote at night so our bears don't get any cavities but I should be able to get my tail out of bed and have it down the driveway by 9:00am and I will leave it out until about 6:00 pm. I will do this starting now and keep Neighbors up to date when candy is dropped off and ready for pick up. I can do this until Oct. 30th. I live at the end of Sunlight Lane. It is the house with the pillars ( 151) and fondly named "Pirate House" by our neighbor kids. Thank you to all the folks who help out providing candy and to all our neighbors and of COURSE Our Park County Sheriff's Department for providing a Safe Haven for our kids to trick or treat in. The sound of kids laughing and screaming scares the bears far far away. Lol. Blessings Everyone. :skullbones:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MyMountainTown, otisptoadwater

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Oct 2014 08:22 #2 by ScienceChic
Thanks for doing this again deanteamtoo - it's always nice to know that there are things you can count on every year, and Trick Or Treating in Will O' Wisp is one of those thanks to people who step up and make it happen.
:typaint:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: deanteamtoo

26 Oct 2014 14:49 #3 by ConiferLawyer
I used to live in Will-O-Wisp and really enjoyed the way the community always pulled together.

Johnny Lombardi
Conifer Lawyer
13700 US Highway 285, Suite 107
Pine, CO 80470

(303) 838-0508
The following user(s) said Thank You: deanteamtoo

28 Oct 2014 12:02 #4 by deanteamtoo
:vampirebat:
there are 3 bags of candy in the tote needing a WOW home :woohoo:

29 Oct 2014 11:31 #5 by deanteamtoo
:kittensurpr
How cool is this? Sam and Heather of "Derricks Thai" Restaurant heard about the tote and gave us a big bag of fortune cookies for the tote! Super cool. What a neat idea. Fortune cookies as trick or treats. There is one bag of candy and one bag of fortune cookies in the tote this morning hoping for a WOW Home. :drool:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mountain-News-Events

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds