SPAGHETTI DINNER FUNDRAISER FOR LOCAL FIREFIGHTER

17 Aug 2010 21:27 #1 by ICFR601
SPAGHETTI DINNER FUNDRAISER FOR INDIAN HILLS FIREFIGHTER DAN ADAMS

This Saturday, August 21st Inter-Canyon Fire & Rescue, along with Indian Hills, Evergreen and Elk Creek fire departments will be sponsoring a spaghetti dinner fundraiser for Dan Adams, a local volunteer firefighter with Indian Hills, husband, and father of four children who is courageously battling Stage 4 Melanoma.

Please join us to support Dan and his family from 4 - 9 PM at Mountain High Christian Center on HWY 285 (8444 US HWY 285 across from Inter-Canyon Station 3). Minimum donation for adults is $10, children 12 and under $5. Tickets will be available at the door.

The menu will include spaghetti with homemade meat or vegan sauce and traditional or gluten free noodles, salad and bread along with iced ice, lemonade and water. West Ranch Grill is making the sauces from scratch and Sonic Drive-In has generously agreed to provide dessert!!

In addition to the meal, we will also have an apparatus display showcasing fire trucks, ambulances and medical helicopters from all around the area. Kids, and young alike will enjoy this opportunity to see many different trucks up close and personal.

Please come help us help a family in need who has given so much to our community. Thank you in advance for your support, we hope to see you there!

Inter-Canyon Fire and Rescue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Aug 2010 21:46 #2 by CC
Thank you for the post. Our family will make sure to be there.
Prayers for the Firefighter and his family and friends.

17 Aug 2010 23:58 #3 by Sunshine Girl
We can't make it to the dinner but is there anyway we could still make a donation?

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

18 Aug 2010 07:59 #4 by ICFR601
For those of you who cannot make it but wish to send a donation, checks can be sent to:

Inter-Canyon Fire and Rescue
7939 S Turkey Creek Rd
Morrison, CO 80465

Please make the check payable to "Inter-Canyon Fire and Rescue" and then in the Memo line put "Dan Adams Fund"

100% of that money will be given directly to the family.

Here is more of Dan's story:

Dan Adams has been a Volunteer Firefighter with Indian Hills Fire Rescue for four years. Last year, at 33 years of age, Dan was diagnosed with Melanoma. Shortly thereafter, he underwent surgery and treatment for the cancer in the hope that it could be completely removed. Earlier this year Dan’s cancer returned and in May he was hospitalized and diagnosed with Stage Four Metastatic Melanoma, the most serious type of skin cancer. Since then, Dan has been hospitalized several times and continues to receive treatment. Unfortunately, due to his condition, Dan has not been able to return to work. His wife Randi has also had to stop working to care for Dan and their four children ranging in age from five to 13. Subsequently, Dan’s treatments and their inability to work have imposed a severe financial burden on this young family. Dan’s attitude and spirits have remained high during this time of personal and physical crisis, although he misses his activities with the Fire Department and the community is missing a valuable emergency responder. Please help us by supporting this dedicated firefighter who has given much to our community and its citizens.

18 Aug 2010 09:38 #5 by Sunshine Girl
I'm so sorry to hear he is in Stage Four. :Crying: Prayers to him and his family. We will send out a donation to help them today. Thank you for posting this information for people who can't come to the dinner. :heart: :crossed:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

18 Aug 2010 11:33 #6 by CC
What are the ages and sizes of the children. With school coming soooooon, it would be nice to help with needed supplies, clothing and such.

18 Aug 2010 19:29 #7 by ICFR601
I do not have sizes, but the Dan has girls ages 5 and 7, and boys ages 11 and 13. They are typical sizes for their ages. If you are interested in supporting them in this way, may I suggest a gift card to Walmart, Target or somewhere similar. We can certainly collect that at the Spaghetti Dinner or you can mail to Inter-Canyon at the above address.

I do have a couple of updates on the event:

Both Flight for Life and Airlife will be landing helicopters during the dinner, everyone will have the opportunity to see these amazing aircraft up close. (This is subject to weather and emergency call status)

In addition, we will also be selling raffle tickets for many great items including:

- Helicopter ride on one of Airlife's Helicopters (GRAND PRIZE - ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!!)
- Flight for Life Jacket
- Hats, Sweatshirts and other clothing from several fire service vendors
- Streamlight Flashlights

And More!!

You need not be present to win, but tickets will only be available at the Spaghetti Dinner.

If you or your business have new items you would like to donate to the raffle please send me a PM.

Thank you to everyone for their support of this important community event!

18 Aug 2010 20:29 #8 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic SPAGHETTI DINNER FUNDRAISER FOR LOCAL FIREFIGHTER
This sounds like an amazing event!

20 Aug 2010 08:03 #9 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic SPAGHETTI DINNER FUNDRAISER FOR LOCAL FIREFIGHTER
Is that the Christian Center in Morrison? Do you have an address? We are just trying to add this to the 285 Event Calendar.

Thanks in advance.

20 Aug 2010 08:13 #10 by ICFR601
Yes, Mountain High Christian Center, 8444 U.S. HWY 285 in Morrison (across from Inter-Canyon Station 3 near Mile Marker 242)

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds