SPAGHETTI DINNER FUNDRAISER FOR LOCAL FIREFIGHTER

20 Aug 2010 09:04 #11 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic SPAGHETTI DINNER FUNDRAISER FOR LOCAL FIREFIGHTER
Thanks so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Aug 2010 20:32 #12 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic SPAGHETTI DINNER FUNDRAISER FOR LOCAL FIREFIGHTER

ICFR601 wrote: SPAGHETTI DINNER FUNDRAISER FOR INDIAN HILLS FIREFIGHTER DAN ADAMS

This Saturday, August 21st Inter-Canyon Fire & Rescue, along with Indian Hills, Evergreen and Elk Creek fire departments will be sponsoring a spaghetti dinner fundraiser for Dan Adams, a local volunteer firefighter with Indian Hills, husband, and father of four children who is courageously battling Stage 4 Melanoma.

Please join us to support Dan and his family from 4 - 9 PM at Mountain High Christian Center on HWY 285 (8444 US HWY 285 across from Inter-Canyon Station 3). Minimum donation for adults is $10, children 12 and under $5. Tickets will be available at the door.

The menu will include spaghetti with homemade meat or vegan sauce and traditional or gluten free noodles, salad and bread along with iced ice, lemonade and water. West Ranch Grill is making the sauces from scratch and Sonic Drive-In has generously agreed to provide dessert!!

In addition to the meal, we will also have an apparatus display showcasing fire trucks, ambulances and medical helicopters from all around the area. Kids, and young alike will enjoy this opportunity to see many different trucks up close and personal.

Please come help us help a family in need who has given so much to our community. Thank you in advance for your support, we hope to see you there!

Inter-Canyon Fire and Rescue

Doesn't he have insurance, whats the money for?

20 Aug 2010 20:56 #13 by pineinthegrass

Vice Lord wrote:

ICFR601 wrote: SPAGHETTI DINNER FUNDRAISER FOR INDIAN HILLS FIREFIGHTER DAN ADAMS

This Saturday, August 21st Inter-Canyon Fire & Rescue, along with Indian Hills, Evergreen and Elk Creek fire departments will be sponsoring a spaghetti dinner fundraiser for Dan Adams, a local volunteer firefighter with Indian Hills, husband, and father of four children who is courageously battling Stage 4 Melanoma.

Please join us to support Dan and his family from 4 - 9 PM at Mountain High Christian Center on HWY 285 (8444 US HWY 285 across from Inter-Canyon Station 3). Minimum donation for adults is $10, children 12 and under $5. Tickets will be available at the door.

The menu will include spaghetti with homemade meat or vegan sauce and traditional or gluten free noodles, salad and bread along with iced ice, lemonade and water. West Ranch Grill is making the sauces from scratch and Sonic Drive-In has generously agreed to provide dessert!!

In addition to the meal, we will also have an apparatus display showcasing fire trucks, ambulances and medical helicopters from all around the area. Kids, and young alike will enjoy this opportunity to see many different trucks up close and personal.

Please come help us help a family in need who has given so much to our community. Thank you in advance for your support, we hope to see you there!

Inter-Canyon Fire and Rescue

Doesn't he have insurance, whats the money for?

Here's more detailed info from a post a Pinecam, and it explains the situation pretty well. As a volunteer, I'm assuming he doesn't get health insurance from the fire department. But he may get some from another job. Not that it matters, there are still other expenses involved, and his wife had to leave her job to care for the family...

Dan Adams has been a Volunteer Firefighter with Indian Hills Fire Rescue for four years. Last year, at 33 years of age, Dan was diagnosed with Melanoma. Shortly thereafter, he underwent surgery and treatment for the cancer in the hope that it could be completely removed. Earlier this year Dan’s cancer returned and in May he was hospitalized and diagnosed with Stage Four Metastatic Melanoma, the most serious type of skin cancer. Since then, Dan has been hospitalized several times and continues to receive treatment. Unfortunately, due to his condition, Dan has not been able to return to work. His wife Randi has also had to stop working to care for Dan and their four children ranging in age from five to 13. Subsequently, Dan’s treatments and their inability to work have imposed a severe financial burden on this young family. Dan’s attitude and spirits have remained high during this time of personal and physical crisis, although he misses his activities with the Fire Department and the community is missing a valuable emergency responder. Please help us by supporting this dedicated firefighter who has given much to our community and its citizens.

20 Aug 2010 22:20 #14 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic SPAGHETTI DINNER FUNDRAISER FOR LOCAL FIREFIGHTER
Understood

21 Aug 2010 20:16 #15 by CC
What a great dinner our family had this evening. The grandkids got to see lots of really cool fire trucks, both old and new. So many fire districts there. Evergreen, InterCanyon, Elk Creek and Indian Hills.

[youtube:18hwm8uw]
[/youtube:18hwm8uw]

21 Aug 2010 20:18 #16 by CC
Lots of wonderful people there to help this family. I love this community. This is what we all do best.

[youtube:20vf499i]
[/youtube:20vf499i]

21 Aug 2010 20:22 #17 by CC
[youtube:1042jrq0]
[/youtube:1042jrq0]

21 Aug 2010 20:24 #18 by The Viking
I so wish I had seen this earlier. I would have gone for sure. I hope it went well and they raised lots of money for him.

21 Aug 2010 20:29 #19 by The Viking
There are so many things going on up here that I lose track and forget to check the events each day. It will be great if each days events pop up on the front page of here. I think that is in your plans for the new web page. It will help a lot. I really wish I wouldn't have missed this one. I sat home doing nothing.

21 Aug 2010 20:43 #20 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic SPAGHETTI DINNER FUNDRAISER FOR LOCAL FIREFIGHTER

The Viking wrote: There are so many things going on up here that I lose track and forget to check the events each day. It will be great if each days events pop up on the front page of here. I think that is in your plans for the new web page. It will help a lot. I really wish I wouldn't have missed this one. I sat home doing nothing.

Pop up in your face so you can remember? LOL Look at the events calendar, silly!

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds