Can YOU Guess What This Is Supposed To Be -- At DIA?

08 Jan 2015 19:17 - 08 Jan 2015 20:08 #1 by BuyersAgent
It is not good when the host city of an airport has to send media representatives out to find out just what the new hotel near the airport is supposed to look like.

Rather than tell you here What It Is Supposed to Be, please note:

1. It is very big, and taller than the "mountain peaks" roof.
2. Nobody knew it would be there first.
3. The design is unusual.
4. It is unclear from looking at it, on the ground and as you approach DIA, what it is supposed to be.
5. From that perspective, it sure looks like Denver, alright. :ohmy: Since everybody else also gets a Guess, I went for stranded pirate ship and the cranes only emphasize that impression, so it needs a skull-and-X-bones flag and some guests to enter right under the Valley of Rain.
6. Since according to the DIA rep, "everybody loves it," where are they (since clearly everybody on this tape hates it)? ;)

Consistent with DIA Design Management, here is a direct quote (without the spoiler) from the DIA Rep:

"I think once we explain the ________, people do understand that it looks a lot like a ___________."

www.9news.com/story/news/local/2015/01/0...eled-after/21369905/

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2015 14:01 #2 by PrintSmith
Looks a bit like two sandcrawlers joined at the rear to me . . .

10 Feb 2015 20:43 - 10 Feb 2015 20:53 #3 by BuyersAgent
Yes, it is just a terrible design. Just terrible. :P

It is such a clumsy shape that it "undoes" the graceful lines of the roof, which let's face it, is the only good part about DIA's design to begin with.

What were they thinking?! "Wings." Sure if you tell people what it is supposed to be, they will "see it," ot at least pretend to. I know this cuz my parents were abstract artists. But if ya can't see what it is when you drive up??? At least it is clear that the roof is supposed to look like mountain peaks. So wtf is a boat doing behind them, is it Noah's Arc??

Honestly, we have competitions between architects for these major construction projects that live forever...and now ya gotta photo the mt roof by an angle that does not cause it to appear a big ship is gonna swallow it at any moment. Or a bowtie.

Now -- in response to public input (which they should have solicited in advance, if I lived in Denver I would be way PO'd right about now) ... watch them hang some big tacky iron "wingtips" on the ends of that building. Just in case people in Pena Blvd are not already wondering just how good our pot really must be, to build stuff like that.

DENVER!!!! Ya can't design anything right. From the Demon Horse to the Titanic? "COW TOWN." ;) And I am a native...nobody knows it better than me. People visit me from Chicago, from LA and NY and they say....Kathy? Is that horse's eyes lit up? AND how are you going to give an answer that does not make it seem as though you either support the project or acknowledge that the artist didn't even mount the front legs into the right position? Actually, the eyes are not the worst part of that piece, but rather a distraction that keeps one from figuring out why it really bugs them: it is a terrible sculpture, that's what. In Denver? it is ALWAYS time for :gotcha:

Take a look and you'll see what I mean, it is NOT just the eyes, ha ha. First is God's version...and then the demon horse.

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds