Mountain Musings.....WHY we stay.

14 Jan 2015 18:07 #1 by homeagain
ALLERGIC to cities....inky black sky,sparkling with "diamonds"and realizing for real,just how SIMPLY SMALL we truly are.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2015 20:41 #2 by FredHayek
Nice having your nearest neighbor four miles away? Sometimes I invite city people up for a weekend and at least a couple couldn't sleep without noise.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Jan 2015 15:35 #3 by gmule
Getting to see nature up close and how the will to live is in all living things.

16 Jan 2015 06:42 #4 by Nobody that matters
Because urban living slowly sucks the joy out of your marrow until you're just a hollow shell of a person only concerned with artificial constructs that people have created, and are completely disconnected from the nature that spawned us.

Besides, it's whole lot nicer living upstream of a town than it is living downstream.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

16 Jan 2015 10:01 #5 by PrintSmith
Urban living follows the scientific research regarding how many rats can occupy a given space and peacefully coexist. Too many rats in the space results in mayhem as the rats turn on each other.

That and lawn work. I don't like mowing grass or weeding flower beds. Up here I don't have to do either. Leaving the property to nature isn't frowned upon by my neighbors up here. ;)

16 Jan 2015 10:12 #6 by Nobody that matters

PrintSmith wrote: Urban living follows the scientific research regarding how many rats can occupy a given space and peacefully coexist. Too many rats in the space results in mayhem as the rats turn on each other.

That and lawn work. I don't like mowing grass or weeding flower beds. Up here I don't have to do either. Leaving the property to nature isn't frowned upon by my neighbors up here. ;)

Yep... where else can I get away with mowing my lawn with a chainsaw?

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

16 Jan 2015 10:28 #7 by FredHayek
Good point about the lawnmowing, I only mow once per year, and I get to sell it.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Jan 2015 13:53 #8 by homeagain
STILLNESS....sitting on a bench....hearing ONLY the whisperings of the wind, as it travels forward thru the pines to you.

16 Jan 2015 18:10 #9 by LOL

FredHayek wrote: Good point about the lawnmowing, I only mow once per year, and I get to sell it.

ditto on the lawnmower! Gave mine away to the friend that helped me move up here, I said its yours... don't need it or want it anymore. :)

Love the fresh air and quiet except for the dang barking dogs. Snow capped mountains, wildlife, hiking and riding nearby. Less traffic most of the time. Low taxes. No humidity or insects.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

19 Jan 2015 13:13 #10 by ComputerBreath
It truly reminds me of the beauty in every day. Especially when I'm driving the pass during the week and see the absolutely stunning vistas. Also, the wildlife...Elk, fox, and coyote have paid me a visit in the town of Fairplay.

I love watching the stars & moon and you just can't do that in a city.
Lastly, I get very frustrated with driving in the city.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds